Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as all the other forums have 1, lets get a MiTo thread going :D

Today mine had a new driveshaft fitted. The CV boot had completely come off and there was hardly any grease left in it :lol: got that done under warranty too :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I finally got around to turning a pair of (Mito official) rear mud-flaps into a pair of front mud-flaps! Will go over the screws in black paint tomorrow but for now they fit well, don't seem to rub and hopefully will make it worth touching up my road-rash in the future if all's well. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Gave it a wash and used some new products, only a wash as I detailed it 2 weeks ago.

Got some decals arriving this week, just some small ones.

Really need to create a thead with everything iv done on the car with lots of pics. My 135 aint 135bhp :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Quick clean.....took my Summer mats out and put Winter ones back in ( We had a good run up here in Glasgow so can't complain.

Oh......used my car hoover for the first time.....not too bad,actually works!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fitted a K&N pannel air filter to mine, what can I say....

It makes no difference whats so ever!! Hey ho least I know how much of a pain in the arse changing an air filter on these is now!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Took it out to try and diagnose a whirring noise, I thought nahhhh surely not. But sure enough I think it's the bloody gearbox. first the diff bearings now I think the legendary M32 has come to get me. strangely though it's 2nd, 3rd and 4th making the noise. Gonna get a family friend (A jag senior tech) to carry out an oil change on the box and go from there I think. Otherwise time to find a gearbox place in kent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still waiting to get my 155tb back from the workshop (gearbox bearings and new clutch)... been waiting 2 months since Alfa South Africa had to wait for parts from Italy. Due to arrive today

Tried to go as fast as possible in my Fiat Punto courtesy car, it's just not the same.

As soon as I get mine back i'm fitting a K&N 57i induction, new tyres and a RaceChip.
Not getitng any sleep due to the excitement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took it out to try and diagnose a whirring noise, I thought nahhhh surely not. But sure enough I think it's the bloody gearbox. first the diff bearings now I think the legendary M32 has come to get me. strangely though it's 2nd, 3rd and 4th making the noise. Gonna get a family friend (A jag senior tech) to carry out an oil change on the box and go from there I think. Otherwise time to find a gearbox place in kent.
Had the same sort of noise, thought it was wheel bearings at first, but after inspection had to replace gearbox bearings, 2nd and 3rd gears.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Right so I think it might also have a boost leak as turbo is whistling more than usual. Rear brakes still squeal despite new discs and pads and have a creak coming from rear drivers side. Along with other little niggles. Never thought id say it but ive definitely fallen out of love with this car, in fact this car has made me fall out of love with motoring. Seriously toying with chopping it in because putting it right is not looking so financially sound.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I know it has been a while since the last post in this thread however its a shame to find it unused for a while.

Anyway, I got tired of the stock floor, too easy to get dirty and not the best to clean out, so I finally purchased some floor mats off eBay which I had been meaning to do for a while.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/778/21842947316_ec406f4abb_h.jpg

A big improvement over before, interior looks better now to me. I wouldn't mind doing some more changes to the interior over time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gearbox making slight sound in 3rd and 4th but not enough to get really worried :paranoid: Anyhow,I have a new 6 speed gearbox in the garage so no worries.
Lately I used more energy fitting a body kit.

And after an accident in Sweden in July a new rear diffusor was also fitted.

Next up during winter will be DNA .it mods to rear suspension.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts