Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Same with the Brera - just imagine what a third generation/model Brera would have looked like.... !!! :cry:

I still say - sell the company to VW - all of us will be happier - then we will get new models every 5 years and not every 10+ years and there will be GTA variants of EVERY model...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank goodness the G is selling so well it will push future models i must say i like the 10 year run shows the design was good enough the first time they just need more models to broaden there spectrum sorry but when the Ialtians sell the brand it will never be the same i know, some of my cousins build the brand u love to drive and passion for performance motors is all they have they just needed a bit more cash thanks again to the G out selling most car brands in the first 6 month they might just get it

R

·
0 Posts
Well, what beats me is why they discontinued models when there were no replacement models for them... just plain stupidity.

Yes, sales of the Brera and Spider had slowed (and were never fantastic) - but why not, like they did with the 159, continue selling them with newer engines and small updates until you have something to replace it with...!
Even in smaller numbers, that would have at least given customers a choice....

But, then they keep the most boring of the 3 variants going and drop the coupe and convertible .... Huh?
:confused:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they used the Brera bottom for the G and the G is doing so well they cant run 2 cars of that line
the Guilia /166 is almost in production they are moving some lines to the Ferrari factory ( c4 ) and the Maserati
and the 166/Guilia will run of one line and 2 more models if they are doing well Alfa is even opening in the US again and that is a large market (fast and f movie who could think just showing the G in a movie would spark enough interest for them to open dealerships) again more money more cars so the future is not looking to bad not as good as pic 3 but getting there

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Well, what beats me is why they discontinued models when there were no replacement models for them... just plain stupidity.

Yes, sales of the Brera and Spider had slowed (and were never fantastic) - but why not, like they did with the 159, continue selling them with newer engines and small updates until you have something to replace it with...!
Even in smaller numbers, that would have at least given customers a choice....

But, then they keep the most boring of the 3 variants going and drop the coupe and convertible .... Huh?
:confused:
because the most boring of the 3 variants was the best in terms of sales. I never liked the Brera, Something about the rear looked to large and bulbous. the 946 Spider is a fantastic looker but due to it's bulk and loss of roof it didn't quite impress dynamically. The sedan did what it said on the box. And now with the weight loss and lighter more powerfull engine is doing it even better...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I agree with Razzo in that they should not have discontinued it. What made them not sell the updated version with the 1750 motor here? Surely that would have solved all the lack of speed and weight issues?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I agree with Ian... as successor to the 916 GTV and spider, the Brera/Spider was a total flop.... especially dynamically... and also way overpriced! As for the styling, I also agree... from the concept Brera to the production version something went amiss....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I agree with Razzo in that they should not have discontinued it. What made them not sell the updated version with the 1750 motor here? Surely that would have solved all the lack of speed and weight issues?
They were probably canned because they weren't profitable. I totally agreed that it's sad that there's no sports car type Alfa's to buy. However keeping them in production at a loss is just going to damage the company more in the long term.

R

·
0 Posts
The Brera won multiple design awards - 7 in total if I recall correctly - and was also voted the most beautiful car in the world - if I recall correctly - so I don't think there was anything wrong with it's looks...
IMO it is one of the best looking cars Alfa has ever built - and that sentiment is shared all over , by many...

From the original concept to production version, very little changed on the exterior design of the car - only the interior was changed vastly (as with most concepts) and the fatal error of dropping the original V8 engine for the V6...

They should have carried on selling the Brera and Spider with 173kw 1750 engines until new models were released... continued updating the interiors with newer tech, the odd small facelift here and there, maybe a suspension update, did some weight cutting, etc..

And sorry, but the 159 cannot hold a candle to the Brera and Spider in terms of looks...

R

·
0 Posts
There was/is nothing wrong with the AWD in the 3.2 - just added too much weight to the car...

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the Breras a stunner. Problem - weight issues slowed it down.theyshould have built it with newer engines.

·
Registered
763 Posts
IMO the Brera's lack of power was its biggest downfall. One expected Subaru WRX STi like performance for that price. It should have come out with a 3.2 turbo with the awd it would have been epic.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the brera was always going to be a limited production like Razzo said it differed very little from the concept car and that is why they did not put any effort in it, it ran of the G line and the price difference meant they were always going to sell less Breras than G's plain economics. now with America also buying G's economics will be better

1 - 20 of 61 Posts