Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What colours yours?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you probably know I've just moved to Swindon ;) am trying to decide on colour schemes particularly for the kitchen....... as the title states - What colours yours???

S

·
0 Posts
I voted blue but it's really more of a lavender. With maple units. And white woodwork.

Nice and fresh looking even though it's 5 or 6 years old. :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
You've just moved to Swindon? Poor you! What did you do to deserve that fate? :p

Take heart from me, I got out after 2 years. So It can be done :lol:

and my kitchen is a predictible, although very nicely suited Magnolia.

Beech units, with black marble worktops, and sandy beige tiles.

·
Registered
37,360 Posts
Swindon is only just down the road from me.

They do have a few good things, a decent cinema, an Asda Walmart and best of all an Alfa dealer.

The Alfa dealer stitched me up once though so I don't use them.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
grass green paint and tiling, black worktops, and oak doors on units. Modern-retro colliosion that looks fab :cool:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Blueberry Crush emulsion, tiles of a similar hue that blend, two window blinds from JL blue and yellow, and a clock with flowers on that matches those blinds, limewashed oak unit doors, and it's dated by modern designs now, but it's a big part of our home still that we like.

So didn't I post a piccie of our cosy kitchen a while back? Lets see some of yours then, the finished article, not the design centre display preferably.:):

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Mine's white units, granite top, with a light lavender on the walls. Sounds ucky but looks great with the chrome accessories (kettle, microwave etc).............. Just a shame I got it all how I like it and I can't bloomin live there anymore!

:rant:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Black with a grey speckled granite surface .Splashbacks are a light grey glass. Tiles are welsh slate bluey/grey picked them up from where they are mined .:)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
magnolia walls, white ceiling, laminate floor, beech effect units with granite effect worktops. white, cream & terracotta coloured tile splashbacks. and some rather fetching stains here and there.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I know that sort of shading effect too Al.:D But I'm quite amazed that the lightish blue emulsion on our walls has maintained it's colour stability over the years and has been a doddle to just give a wash (actually she used the Karcher steamer last time! ) and then just do a bit of touching up, faded out using some thinned a bit colour with a sponge, for a virtually invisible spruce up.:):

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like the sound of all your kitchens :thumbs:

I've gone for light lime green on the walls, white ceiling, chrome/silver/lime accessories/appliances, light beech cupboards, black/grey flecked granite effect worktop, black/grey floor tiles not decided on wall tiles yet possibly white with a lime green mosaic style border?

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your kitchen Keithy :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts