Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
I have exactly the same dilemma with my JTDm CF4 engine. It's currently got a 170 clutch kit fitted but that slips all too easily.

After some research I've decided to go for a dual friction clutch by CG Motorsport. It can handle a 40% increase in torque but doesn't have all the drawbacks of a full paddle clutch.

Autolusso also do a solid flywheel conversion to mate with a GTA clutch, but I'm not convinced that'll handle the torque.

· Registered
745 Posts
Not sure yet. I put a new DMF in last year so it makes sense to use it I think. It's another reason for not using a paddle clutch as, by their nature, they tend to judder on take-up. That would shake the DMF to bits very quickly. They're designed to be 'dumped' at high RPM which renders them a PITA on a road car.

CG make their own clutches so will tailor it to suit your needs, and they seem to be decent people. That said, it's worth talking to Ned at Autolusso - good bloke and very knowledgeable.

I can switch maps on the fly so am driving about on settings that don't make the clutch slip. Will probably fit the new one quite soon though. Did the last one on my driveway which was fine - takes a full day but not technically difficult.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts