Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... the high viz brake light? Are they LED's or just filaments ones.. :confused:

A couple of mine are out, and before I go ripping it all apart. Are they easy to get at/change.?

Ta..! :mygrin1:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Won't be LEDs. Probably capless variety, but never having had any go in 13 years, no idea how to get to them

(and I hope that this isn't a jinx and they all fail tomorrow!)

Have you tried a search?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
i read somewhere you access them from inside the car, popping the cover off, they are capless same a sidelights at the front i am told.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The bulbs are W5W 501 (the same as the number plate and side lights). If you carefully prise the cover off from the centre then undo 2 screws holding the bulb holder in and hey presto. Never had to do it, im reading it from the manual.:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've had to replace them, it's easy. Just prise off the caps on the carpet trim next to the boot light, then twist the plastic holders and the units come out separately.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Yep capless filament. First job on mine. They were all out due to a broken connection after which two were out.
Kind of bulbs they use for dash illumination.
They are easy on the Spider, just at the end of the hood open sequence and presto the back of the light appears!

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's handy then. I've got a donor 166 outside. I can get the bulbs out of its dash.
Job's a gud'un..

Cheers all..:mygrin1:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
.... the high viz brake light? Are they LED's or just filaments ones.. :confused:

A couple of mine are out, and before I go ripping it all apart. Are they easy to get at/change.?

Ta..! :mygrin1:
On the Spider, they're not W5W - they are a rare 2.4W version of the small capless (all-glass) wedge bulb - usually 1.2W, same size. Used also in 156 high-level brake light. Some of mine have been replaced with the 1.2W version. Halfords did sell the 2.4W bulb in a blister pack, bought some when I was in England in March.

No CAN bus in Spider. I don't think there is a bulb failure warning on the stoplights?
-Alex

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the Spider, they're not W5W - they are a rare 2.4W version of the small capless (all-glass) wedge bulb - usually 1.2W, same size. Used also in 156 high-level brake light. Some of mine have been replaced with the 1.2W version. Halfords did sell the 2.4W bulb in a blister pack, bought some when I was in England in March.

No CAN bus in Spider. I don't think there is a bulb failure warning on the stoplights?
-Alex
No CANBUS you say..? Might throw LED's into every socket then..:mygrin1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts