Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking my wiper blades needs replacing, just wondering what peoples experience with different brands , as i think the standard items dont cope to well sometimes. thanks

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Do they last longer than the usual Bosch wipers?

·
Administrator
47,057 Posts
Another vote for the aerotwins. There are other 'blade' types available, but they're not as well designed, not as unobtrusive, not as effective and don't last as long.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Changing the subject slightly (Sorry) but I remember reading somewhere that you can fit 22” and 18” (Instead of 16”) sized wipers on a 147 GTA without a problem. I have always thought the little 16” wiper on the passenger side looked silly and pathetic!!!!!! I assume it would also wipe away that small triangle bottom centre of the windscreen.

Thoughts?

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I installed the Bosch Aerotwin wipers last week and I can say they are much better than the Valeo I had before (same design).

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Changing the subject slightly (Sorry) but I remember reading somewhere that you can fit 22” and 18” (Instead of 16”) sized wipers on a 147 GTA without a problem. I have always thought the little 16” wiper on the passenger side looked silly and pathetic!!!!!! I assume it would also wipe away that small triangle bottom centre of the windscreen.

Thoughts?
Here you have pictures. There is space for extra inch on every side, but it would be very tight fit. I wouldn't bother with it as 22" and 16" come as a kit and if you insisted on 18" you would have to buy every blade separately and at least here they usually stock kits and its not easy to get bosch aerotwins as separate blades.

My car is LHD, but I think the RHD is the same, just mirrored design.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/wipers.jpg

G

·
For the 156 GTA I would never ever recommend flat blades, the wiper arm is not designed to accomodate them and it will look like ...there's no wiper, only the arm. Plus, I hated the Aerotwins, got 2 sets and both wiped poorly compared to standard blades. Now I use Valeo Silencio, not the flat Xtreme version, the regular Silencio. Best I've had.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Im a fan of the Aerotwins. 2 years and still going strong here. I think the extra weight of them and their natural tendancy to curve around the screen helps loads.

All standard style wipers on my Corrado lifted at 75ish. Switched to the heavier flat blades and problem cured.
Rekon they look better too.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Holy resurrection !!!!

I've notice that one of the wiper blades as started to spilt on my GTA......they only get used on the MOT !!!!

Been in touch with the Alfa dealer as I want the Alfa logo on them, and been told that the part is no longer listed !!!!

Any tips - I guess I'll have to go for refills as I want to keep them original

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Holy resurrection !!!!

I've notice that one of the wiper blades as started to spilt on my GTA......they only get used on the MOT !!!!

Been in touch with the Alfa dealer as I want the Alfa logo on them, and been told that the part is no longer listed !!!!

Any tips - I guess I'll have to go for refills as I want to keep them original
After a bit of searching, thought I'd try and contact a few big Alfa stockists, managed to locate a set of GTA blades (drivers side one has a spoiler fitted), with Alfa logo. Must be just about the last set available. Now fitted to the GTA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts