Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Football.

Was really quite decent until I turned into a fat knacker.

I don't mean semi-pro but perfectly competent weekend club player to a good standard.

A great disappointment to me :(

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Football.

Was really quite decent until I turned into a fat knacker.

I don't mean semi-pro but perfectly competent weekend club player to a good standard.

A great disappointment to me :(
Similar. Played alongside some semi-pro lads - wasn't disgraced.....good player.....good organiser.........until ankles/knees/beers/pies made running difficult.

G

·
0 Posts
I have been told im very good but im not good enough as far as im concerned. My own worst enemy
You're pretty damned good actually and as someone that's been playing for 40 plus years I should know! But we can all improve. I've got quite a good "feel" for the guitar but can't be arsed to practice, so I could be a lot better than I am. I used to be a bit better when I was playing seriously but I'm too old and busy now.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
being tolerant of idiotic, self centred people who drive me nuts...that is all:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Making Decisions - Generally in own life... In the same job for 5 years and I need to decide what next.....

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
You're pretty damned good actually and as someone that's been playing for 40 plus years I should know! But we can all improve. I've got quite a good "feel" for the guitar but can't be arsed to practice, so I could be a lot better than I am. I used to be a bit better when I was playing seriously but I'm too old and busy now.

Cheers,

Nigel
I seem to have hit my talent wall. Though having never had a guitar lesson in my life, I haven't done too bad!

Might go and see if any pro players can make me better and faster :D

G

·
0 Posts
I seem to have hit my talent wall. Though having never had a guitar lesson in my life, I haven't done too bad!

Might go and see if any pro players can make me better and faster :D
Not a bad idea - if you can find a good teacher, they can show you a few new or different techniques which might inspire you. I had about 5 classical guitar lessons when I was 11 (which was 1968!!), apart from that nothing, it's only recently I've even looked at some of the stuff on the internet that show you techniques (I only found out what a power chord was a couple of years ago - you've seen me playing those full barre chords). I thought about getting a few lessons just to show me some new things, but I don't have the time.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Nigel/Gaz - my tip (apart from getting lessons & lots of practice) is to learn music theory - perhaps even try taking up the piano. Understanding music theory takes your playing from being like driving a car to being able to carry out minor or even major repairs on it.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Nigel/Gaz - my tip (apart from getting lessons & lots of practice) is to learn music theory - perhaps even try taking up the piano. Understanding music theory takes your playing from being like driving a car to being able to carry out minor or even major repairs on it.

:cheese:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts