Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get my spare wheel in the back for longer journeys, so I've been thinking about what I need to move to fit it on top of the LPG tank...

What do these bits do and can I safely relocate them? I'm guessing the middle things are some kind of fuel device and need to stay above the fuel tank? But can they be moved back into the corner?

That horrible bracket in the middle of the shelf makes me want to :vomit: and grind it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
They're both part of the fuel vapour recovery system. That blue pipe you'll find in the engine bay connected to the plenum chamber.

I can't remember which one ( maybe the one on the left ) is full of charcoal to trap the vapour.

There's a description in the workshop manual as to how they work - under fuel system.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I remove the whole system? I don't care about recovery of petrol vapours, I use such a small amount of petrol anyway...

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I seem to recall that the ECU adjusts fuelling dependant of vapour recovery. But it may not make a practical difference. Other than that, no idea.

However, I think the phase 2s have a slightly different arrangement. Maybe you could ask for a pic of a phase two and utilise that if its better for you.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess before I go ahead and plug up the vapour vent in the fuel tank I need to find out if that poses any significant hazard other than a bit of hiss when opening the cap.

I read through the part of the manual you suggested and yes the ECU corrects for overfuelling due to this device but I don't think it would impact the running of the engine.

Maybe I will connect my LED to the solenoid to see how often it get used ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
How about deflating the tyre on the space saver? that should give it enough room to push in? :)

As long as you carry a pump in the boot then you should be fine :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts