Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I work in Oldham (Chadderton to be exact) but I paid £1.219 unleaded in Leigh (near home) on Saturday gone.

However on the way back from London on Saturday I had to add a few litres (cutting it fine) and the price at Sandbach M6 services was £1.48.

It was roughly the same price in Sandbach services when I bought the Brera from Stratford upon Avon in 2013. Not much changes when it comes to petrol pricing at Sandbach.
We Can’t really complain though, I bought a bottle (500ml) of lemon flavoured water from a newsagent on Tib St yesterday and paid ( happily ) £1 for that, so the fuel is a much better trade off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
A tank full from some service station on the M62 today at 145.9p/l. Arghhhhh should have pulled off and dropped in to Warrington and filled up at a "normal" price!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Here in mid Argyll, petrol is 129.9 up from 121.9 a couple of weeks ago and diesel is 133.9 up from 124.9 although I think the Scottish Government, bless em, provides a 10p/l subsidy.

Superunleaded is 10p more and my local Tesco does not stock it nor Momentum 99 so I usually just stick to unleaded. I tried Millers Ecomax which is supposed to boost the octane number to 97 but the performance seems worse. Nor can we get BP Ultimate or V Power.

·
Administrator
86,761 Posts
Zombie thread revival :eek:

Both gone up 3 or 4c in the last few days, petrol now 144.9c & diesel 133.9c

Topaz fuel card still giving a 4c per litre discount.

View attachment 858706

Petrol 147.9c & diesel 136.9c a couple of days ago, petrol now 149.9c & diesel 138.9c

Both rumoured to increase again next week due to a carbon tax in the budget next week !

·
Administrator
86,761 Posts
Petrol 147.9c & diesel 136.9c a couple of days ago, petrol now 149.9c & diesel 138.9c

Both rumoured to increase again next week due to a carbon tax in the budget next week !

Petrol 149.9c & diesel 140.9c

The budget last week didn't include an increase to either due to a carbon tax.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In my town, Camborne, Cornwall. £1.29 Petrol
In Penzance 10 miles away . £1.25 Petrol
I always fill up in Penzance whenever I visit parents 'down west'. Fuel has been a few pence per litre cheaper in Penzance ever since Sainsburys opened & started their price war with Tesco & Morrisons. Probably happens in other parts of the country where there are 3 of the big name supermarkets located within a mile of each other.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
1.5€ / L of 98 unleaded. Around 1.35 for 95, but I always squeeze the few cents for the 98.
Which country? There is a massive variation across the euro zone.

In North Lincolnshire today ASDA petrol is £1.197 while the Jet station across the road is £125.9. However ASDA diesel is £1.317 while the Jet is £132.9. ASDA petrol came down 3p on Wednesday but the diesel didn't move.

·
Administrator
86,761 Posts

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
To be honest, I've stopped paying attention as much as I should.

I can tell you that Costco is a good 15p a litre less though. Shame it's not closer to me, but I always fill up if I'm going near there.

I think, from rubbish memory that premium unleaded in this area is generally about £1.40, and Costco premium is about £1.25. But I could be a few pence out.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts