Alfa Romeo Forum banner
241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,247 Posts
Storrington (West Sx) I just filled up at £1.3599. Down on the A27 at Tangmere, the robbers want shy of £1.50. Most seem to be about £1.41

·
Registered
40,036 Posts
I dropped into Rownhams services near Southampton today for a quick leak, and on the way out I noticed that Diesel was £1.59/Land Petrol £1.55/L

There was no shortage of people filling up either.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Coming back from Keswick yesterday I noticed that Scotch Corner Services price was £160.9 for petrol (passed before I clocked the diesel) but less than ten miles down the A1(M) at Catterick the Shell was £1.41 for petrol. Scotch Corner has always been expensive and I don't understand how they get away with it unless most of their customers are in company cars and get the fuel paid for by the company.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Wouldn't know. I haven't used them for years. If I can't last out to home (90 mins from SC) then I just push on to Wetherby.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,661 Posts
The Texaco just around the corner from my house is now an Esso. It still has the Morrisions convenience store on site.
Seems to be an excuse for them to put the petrol price up - 141p for unleaded (135.7p at Asda).
Super (E5) is 140.9p at Sainsbury's, but can be had a penny cheaper at various BP garages in the local area.

·
Vendor
47,148 Posts
Coming back from Keswick yesterday I noticed that Scotch Corner Services price was £160.9 for petrol (passed before I clocked the diesel) but less than ten miles down the A1(M) at Catterick the Shell was £1.41 for petrol. Scotch Corner has always been expensive and I don't understand how they get away with it unless most of their customers are in company cars and get the fuel paid for by the company.
It's probably the last petrol station for a while if you are heading towards Penrith on the A66, at least without having to make a pretty big diversion.

There must be enough people buying fuel there otherwise they wouldn't keep trying to sell it at such ridiculous-sounding prices. I think I put a fiver in there once just to make sure I had enough to get me to York.

Reactions: TonyGr

·
Administrator
88,806 Posts
Diesel 156.9c & petrol 165.9c today, there have been at least 2 increases in the last week or so.

The budget this month will see another increase due to carbon tax.
Diesel 160.9c & petrol 170.9c yesterday.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts