Alfa Romeo Forum banner
221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Just filled the Saxo at Sainsburys, £1.319 per litre no limit on sales. No queue either. Did notice that there is a limit to how many cans you can fill. Plastic must not be larger than 10 litres metal no bigger than 20 litres Maximum quantity is 30 litres in any combination of can. I presume this is not just Sainsbury but the law to prevent unfortunate disasters with loose petrol in accidents. So how come there was a photo at weekend of a guy filling 5 or 6 plastic cans?

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,654 Posts
152.4p a litre for E5 at Shell yesterday, and restricted to 20 quid maximum, so that didn't buy me many litres but it did allow me to travel to see clients.
Sainsbury's is still 137.9p AFAIK, but it's always been closed when I've tried to get some. I'll try again in the coming days.
I'll only be using that Shell station if it's another emergency.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
136.9 at BP this afternoon; 142 at local Esso, according to social media.

Just to get things into perspective, Tesco went as high as 139.9 in 2012. (Yes, I keep a record!)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Graphic in the paper today or yesterday to illustrate the relentless rise if fuel prices. Start point picked as 2016 which I think was a low point other than the drop during the first lockdown last year. I clearly recalled, when reading said article, that petrol was up around 140 a litre since I got the Giulietta.
Brought to mind the old saying "lies, damn lies and statistics". Pick your stats carefully and you can prove almost anything.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Graphic in the paper today or yesterday to illustrate the relentless rise if fuel prices. Start point picked as 2016 which I think was a low point other than the drop during the first lockdown last year. I clearly recalled, when reading said article, that petrol was up around 140 a litre since I got the Giulietta.
Brought to mind the old saying "lies, damn lies and statistics". Pick your stats carefully and you can prove almost anything.
If 1:10 crashes are caused by drunk drivers, its safer to driver drunk as 9:10 crashes are caused by sober drivers!! Gotta love stats!!

·
Registered
40,029 Posts
Rising fuel prices will accelerate the switch to electric vehicles which will make demand fall.

The oil companies and oil traders/speculators are being very shortsighted. ;)

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
130.1p at Costco for diesel on Monday. I drove straight in and out. Saw three other cars (one was leaving).

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,275 Posts
Someone was selling jerry cans of petrol on Facebook marketplace earlier, £200 for 5. Not sure if they were 20L or 25L cans, or if the cans themselves were included. Seemed sketchy.
A man was arrested around here for doing that!!.....lots grassed him up....they got him for unsafe storage of fuel over 15L....or something similar!!! LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Pud237

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
I should think many on here will have seen this
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
:-

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Filled up on monday at 146.9p/l :(. That was at the 3rd garage I tried. One had no fuel, the other only Super UL at an extortionate price. The 3rd was fine, no restrictions, just expensive.

I drove to Cambridgeshire yesterday and motorway signs said no fuel at Reading Services or the one on the M40 and the one I passed near Theale in the afternoon had none.

Off to Malvern tomorrow, but have been told all is good there, so I have enough to get there and will take advantage of the sensible, non panic buying, people of Malvern!!

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,275 Posts
The only garage without fuel around here is the one opposite my work.....which is unfortunate as its the one that has the company fuel account!!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Noticed this morning that the local ASDA prices have risen (by 1p) petrol is now 133.7 and diesel 136.7 while the Jet station across the road is 133.9 for petrol and 139.9 for diesel. Neither had any queues and appeared to have all pumps working although I was not close enough to the ASDA ones to be certain but no cones in evidence.

·
Administrator
88,803 Posts
Diesel 156.9c & petrol 165.9c today, there have been at least 2 increases in the last week or so.

The budget this month will see another increase due to carbon tax.

·
Administrator
60,913 Posts
Gas is up 4cents to 164.9 Canadian a liter for regular here on the West Coast. We pay the most in North America. I got premium for 163.9 yesterday at Costco.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Paid 136p for unleaded (Giulietta) and 142 for super UL (Mini) as my local garage had some petrol (no diesel) this weekend. Was limited to £30 max though.

Hope there's more petrol in Buxton tomorrow!

·
Registered
40,029 Posts
£1.439 in my town. Asda 5 miles down the road is £1.36 (Diesel)

I was thinking of going back to petrol but I don't think it would be a good idea right now.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
£1.439 at the Shell garage in West Wickham yesterday at 7.30 a.m. After the weekly early shop in Lidl decided to see if the Shell station had any fuel. I’ve not been using the cars for two weeks (the Giulietta is fairly good on diesel consumption) except for essential travel so when I drove onto the forecourt it was empty so I thought “no fuel” but there was.

221 - 240 of 250 Posts