Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm picking up my first Alfa Romeo (Alfa GT up (2005) on Saturday and must say I'm dead excited :)

To help keep my excitement level up until I pick it up, what are the really nice things in/on the Alfa that you guys who own them like?

Thanks,

Si

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
The smile :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The interior,
The exterior
I would say the engine if it was a JTS or a v6.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Take no notice you have the best engine for daily use.
Sadly mine has just left me, still it's better to have owned for 2 years than never.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So many things - the way people admire it when they walk/drive past, the way people comment on the looks in petrol station queues and car parks. I love the new 159 and when kids come along i think it is going to be the one to go for but the GT is the best looking Alfa in my opinion - you are going to love it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
What toys are you getting with yours (leather, Bose etc..)? - best thing about a GT is all the stuff that comes for free - nice wheels, cruise, dual-climate, even alfatex looks good (but leather is best imho), steering controls etc... our other car is a Z4 (her choice) and you have to sell an organ to get floor mats! :mad:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTMAT - Just 17" wheels and parking sensors, no Bose or leather, don't like leather. Everything else is standard. Colour is Ivory Mist which looks great in the flesh IMO. I'm 'upgrading from a 53 plate BMW Coupe (very boring!).

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have to say the way all the instruments point directly at the driver, and that delicious rasp from under the bonnet (I took a GT diesel for a test drive recently and even diesels give it).

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
GTMAT - Just 17" wheels and parking sensors, no Bose or leather, don't like leather. Everything else is standard. Colour is Ivory Mist which looks great in the flesh IMO. I'm 'upgrading from a 53 plate BMW Coupe (very boring!).
Good choice - for a minute I thought you had my car :lol:

The colour is amazing and hides the dirt well - but when you polish it up and seen in the sun....is a very fetching colour....

Perhaps a remap is something you should strongly consider - as it will make it much more driveable with more fluid acceleration through the gears...

Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
Best two options i would say mate - 17" wheels are a must, i've seen a couple around with the 16s and it just doesn't look right, too much tyre wall imo. I have 18s which look fabulous but i keep catching kerbs and that stops me sleeping at night! Parking sensors are a must as reversing the GT without them is like driving a post box. I haven't seen the GT in a bad colour yet - hope it's sunny for you on Saturday mate!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have to say the way all the instruments point directly at the driver, and that delicious rasp from under the bonnet (I took a GT diesel for a test drive recently and even diesels give it).
Yeah - the dials are superb, i had a 2004 GT before my current one and the cowels around the dials were longer and, imo, better as they shielded the sun more and just looked the business. The newer models have shorter cowels which means the passenger can see the clock but serves no other purpose as far as I can see!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
So many things - the way people admire it when they walk/drive past, the way people comment on the looks in petrol station queues and car parks. I love the new 159 and when kids come along i think it is going to be the one to go for but the GT is the best looking Alfa in my opinion - you are going to love it!
I have 2 kids & a GT !! - think i'm staying with mine unless a really good Ti deal comes along.....GT is very family friendly

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i still smile when i look at mine on the drive, or when parked up elsewhere :)

the looks are the best bit - the derv is ok but defo needs the remap imo to make it any good - drive is pretty good - seats a v good
enjoy :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
i bought a red gt with 18's, tan leather and tinted side windows about 4 months ago and have people ask me at traffic lights to put the window down and ask 'what car is that?' - when its sunny, polsihed and wheels blacked i struggle to find a better lookin car on the road!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts