Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i just brough this car about 2 weeks ago, it is on a M reg 146 1.7 16v with 63k with fsh.
will u guys be able to tell me the goods and bad points in these car.
things that i need to be wear off.
cheers rick

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Rusty floor, check it sooner rarther than later. down the cills and drain holes on the floor pan fella.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
good point is rarity value, the boxers are all well over 12 years old and not many soldiering on, and that distinctive boxer sound, engines does not have oil level/belt change isues as often as TS engines,

as said, rust on the floor pans, not many fellow boxer owners to help/commiserate with, does not have the quick rack steering, boxer parts not as widely available as TS parts

other than that the usual 145 +/- points, crappy dashboard, high ish driving position compared to other cars, initial roll on turn in, decent boot space, rarity value, people not knowing what it is (does not even get called a Tipo anymore as people have forgotten about them by now)

·
Registered
33 Posts
@purple145... not as much roll as a QV due to way lower engine centre of gravity!
@Rick... plusses: smoking way more rated cars of the era eg 1.8 golfs, sound, rarity. Negatives: oil tends to fall out of rocker cover gaskets, lots of belts to time, not much bottom end torque, take your knuckles off changing plugs!!!

seriously though, i love my 1.7, although I know that it's got to go this year to make way for my 75 that's nearly finished, have you been to 145.co.uk? get on those forums too, lots of boxer specific help to be had

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks for the info, not realy bad news then lol
think i will do a gd check on the rusty areas when i am off this week, hate rust, my last car(e30) end up it parts because of it
cambelt is been chance last year, so got a few more years to go till next 1.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I do offer a service for sorting rusty floor pans out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts