Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday as i was driving to McDonald's i noticed a very loud rattling noise and a knocking coming from the rear of the car, so i pulled over immediately and took a look underneath. The exhaust had come away from its mounts and had sagged down, and the sound must of been from the back box hitting/ resting on the rear Axel. Now this isn't the first problem i have had with the exhaust that was fitted by my dealer... sometimes it comes away from the rubber mount at the rear near the tailpipes, but this can easily be popped back on so i have never felt the need to go back to my dealer to get it sorted out. However the exhaust was now hanging below the car and does not even line up with the mounts so i drove very slowly to the nearest kwikfit and let them have a look. The guy there had suggested that the back box was not fitted correctly to begin with (as it was very loose)and has therefore shook itself free from the original section. He was not interested in fixing it and said i would be best to go back to where it was fitted as this wasn't acceptable.
I rang the dealer earlier and explained my problem and that i was not happy! However here is the twist, seeing as it was fitted back in June and i had never informed them about my previous problems then they are saying that it was fitted correctly and it is up to me to get it fixed. Surely it should last for longer than 5 months! It is booked in for them to "take a look" tomorrow morning but what are my chances that they will fix this under warranty? It is a long drive there so i am worried about the exhaust falling off completely, and then for the dealer to turn around and say they wont fix it. :( Any advice?

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you had it fitted by someone like kwik fit it would have come with a full 12 month warrenty, so i would expect a genuine dealer fitted exhaust system to carry at least the same warrenty.:thumbs:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you had it fitted by someone like kwik fit it would have come with a full 12 month warrenty, so i would expect a genuine dealer fitted exhaust system to carry at least the same warrenty.:thumbs:
thanks :), i really hope so, but the woman on the phone didnt seem too convincing, i was put on hold several times while i presume she was speaking to her manager, and came back to say that they could only have a look. Anyway i will have to wait and see

·
Registered
365 Posts
thanks :), i really hope so, but the woman on the phone didnt seem too convincing, i was put on hold several times while i presume she was speaking to her manager, and came back to say that they could only have a look. Anyway i will have to wait and see
Take the receipt with you, won't you :thumbs:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck/ bad service. Let us know how you get on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woops, i forgot to report back on the outcome... well it was good news :) they fixed it under warranty and while i was waiting i had a poke around the new guilietta :thumbs: its a very nice car indeed!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.