Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Just noticed the tax ran out in 1009 - did it exist then? - mebee it was cart tax :cheese:

V

·
0 Posts
done sent him the following

hi
i noticed your 166 mot is valid untill 2210, do you think this car will last that long and will i get away with not taxing the car either as i see you haven't since 1009. also i didn't know alfa made a convertable 166 could you post some pics with the roof down.
i might sound as if im being negative but i would really be interested in buying a car that i wouldn't have to tax or mot.
also i was wandering how you manage to get 30 - 40 mpg. most v6 driver only manage 20 - 25. or is it the model that runs on imagination
cheers

will let you know if i get a reply

·
0 Posts
^^FPMSL - well summed up :thumbs: - I wonder if He'll post it on the ebay ad? :cheese:

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a numpty!

Although i think he should be forgiven for the "sports/convertible" bit. I think that is just the way the category is set up on flee-bay!

V

·
0 Posts
What a numpty!

Although i think he should be forgiven for the "sports/convertible" bit. I think that is just the way the category is set up on flee-bay!
surley its a family saloon or executive car. the categories are there for those

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would class it as an executive car myself..... but i've never owned a V6 so not sure how i would advertise to sell such a vehicle...maybe i would stick it down in the sports category.

How would people on here advertise it??

family saloon? Executive?

surley its a family saloon or executive car. the categories are there for those

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I aksed if she was really getting 30-40mpg Urban, this is the reply I got

"HI THERE,IAM GETTING ABOUT 36MPG URBAN AS I DONT DRIVE LIKE A SPEED DEMON,THANX "

Hard to judge the tone of a message but sounds a bit terse to me :lol:

Have just sent this

"Hi, thank you for your reply are you sure you mean Urban (round town) because according to Autotrader that figure is 16.4mpg, 36mpg seems very good."

Its good to wind people up, especially if you think they are going to bite :D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol:

Go for it. He's talking complete cobblers, you can't anywhere near 36 MPG.

Ask him why he's mincing around in V6 Alfa as well :)
I know the best I have ever managed is 28mpg, my wife with her lighter feet has managed 32mpg.

Must ask where he gets the extra power from 200bhp, maybe its one of those miracle chips :rolleyes: More power and uses less Fuel

V

·
0 Posts
done sent him the following

hi
i noticed your 166 mot is valid untill 2210, do you think this car will last that long and will i get away with not taxing the car either as i see you haven't since 1009. also i didn't know alfa made a convertable 166 could you post some pics with the roof down.
i might sound as if im being negative but i would really be interested in buying a car that i wouldn't have to tax or mot.
also i was wandering how you manage to get 30 - 40 mpg. most v6 driver only manage 20 - 25. or is it the model that runs on imagination
cheers

will let you know if i get a reply
got a reply :)

so ive made a couple mastakes,but its my first time, but its more informal as you can see by the info,and by the way iam not a test pilot that probly why i get more mpg,thanx for you comments tho.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Asked seller if they really meant 36mpg for Urban cycle, got this reply.

im sorry its my first go at selling and i get confused. i get an average of 25mpg round town and 36mpg or more on the motorway.

Take 10mpg of for town and at least 6 for motorway, at my speeds anyway.
Bored with them now though they are not even nibbling let alone bitting :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts