Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Has everyone decided to p155 on Steve's thread?

Happy Friday SiF. I'm at 157 e-mails but I've got until 5pm.
I was pretty sure that the whole point of the thread was a disguised "we're all screwed now because of Brexit". Have I misunderstood?

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
I’ve got 113,000 or so unread emails. I hope they’re not important.

But it is Friday. Although I won’t be staying up till 11pm.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Let's see. Going to Bruges at 4am tomorrow. Early finish today. Sat having a brew when Mrs K phones to report a non-starting CRV. This was quickly diagnosed as a flat batt. "We hadn't been sat there for long with the ignition, lights, heater and wipers on but the engine off."

She is in a remote spot and clearly the trusty hearse can get me there quicker than the recovery people. When I arrive I note that she's parked in a small lake on the edge of a cliff. I manoeuvre the hearse into the deepest part of the lake to get the batts close enough together. I waded in, roughly up to my waist, hooked up the leads and it sprang into life. I swam to the shore, sent Mrs K on her way in the Saab, and drove the CRV home. Once home it restarted again no bother.

An hour later, Mrs K phones to say that some *** has reversed into the hearse in a petrol station but there's no damage other than a cracked numberplate. As this was already cracked as a result of a touch parking incident, I've decided to call it patina.

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Today a friend of my wife’s was going back to where she’d parked her CRV and two men were in the process of removing the catalytic converter. Eventually ,when the police arrived apparently, the left in their numberplateless BMW!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Bruges is nice, KB. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Today a friend of my wife’s was going back to where she’d parked her CRV and two men were in the process of removing the catalytic converter. Eventually ,when the police arrived apparently, the left in their numberplateless BMW!
They might have got their cumuppance
BBC News - Swindon catalytic converter thief was found dead under car

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
There's currently a fuckwits' chorus of fireworks going off here.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Let's see. Going to Bruges at 4am tomorrow. Early finish today. Sat having a brew when Mrs K phones to report a non-starting CRV. This was quickly diagnosed as a flat batt. "We hadn't been sat there for long with the ignition, lights, heater and wipers on but the engine off."

She is in a remote spot and clearly the trusty hearse can get me there quicker than the recovery people. When I arrive I note that she's parked in a small lake on the edge of a cliff. I manoeuvre the hearse into the deepest part of the lake to get the batts close enough together. I waded in, roughly up to my waist, hooked up the leads and it sprang into life. I swam to the shore, sent Mrs K on her way in the Saab, and drove the CRV home. Once home it restarted again no bother.

An hour later, Mrs K phones to say that some *** has reversed into the hearse in a petrol station but there's no damage other than a cracked numberplate. As this was already cracked as a result of a touch parking incident, I've decided to call it patina.
How was Bruges?

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
It was a ****ing fairytale.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Well, considering the post-Friday status of chocolate as “foreign muck” I think you’re right to avoid the stuff.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
A few snaps from my weekend. It has to be said that the people of Bruges were very welcoming to a bunch of rough-arsed northerners with not a word of the language between them.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
All the years I lived in Belgium and I never visited Bruges. It's probably down to two factors: I don't speak the Flanders lingo whereas I do in Wallonia, and you always think there'll be time later.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts