Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a main beam bulb had blown on my 145 last night so I stopped off and got a replacement thinking hubby could do it for me but I actually did it myself this afternoon :D :D

I know this may seem small and trivial to some people but I've never changed a car bulb before and its great to be able to say I'm now able to do something I never have before.

Its being able to do the little things in life that give me a sense of accomplishment :cool:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
glenda said:
I discovered a main beam bulb had blown on my 145 last night so I stopped off and got a replacement thinking hubby could do it for me but I actually did it myself this afternoon :D :D

It's your skinny fingers that make you bulb-swap queen. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Having just today changed a dip beam bulb on my 147....... I know that you are now a fully qualified auto engineer :cool:

Who is it that designs those bits of twisted wire that hold the bulbs in :confused::mad: .....

they're like those wire puzzle things out of a Christmas cracker :mad:

Well done Glenda :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Well done Glenda!!
:cool:
I'd keep quiet about it though, otherwise you'll end up with loads of 147/156 drivers outside your house wanting you to swap their bulbs!!
:cheese:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well done. After reading how difficult it was on a 147 I took mine to the garage.

Saying that, my local indy did it for free (including the bulb), so you can't say better than that

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I missed this thread earlier - but well done Glenda :)

I'm embarrassed to say that the nearest I get to doing something on my GT is checking the oil and fluid levels once a month :eek:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Well done! But did you manage to avoid touching the glass part of the bulb with your fingers?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Worse that can happen is the bulbs might conk out a bit quicker. Not worth the hassle taking them back out again. If you can't get the bulbs in without touching the glass next time, you can wear latex gloves.
:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
If you can't get the bulbs in without touching the glass next time, you can wear latex gloves.
:)
This thread has a danger of going off on a tangant, or is it just me bored on a Friday......:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts