1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Sorry for the post and I will probably get my hand slapped:tut:
But you guys are great, you really are!

I never laughed so much in life reading after reading several posts about changing the clutch in Selespeed. I honestly thought about changing the car with all the woes I had with the Selespeed but I might turn it into a hobby and buy new run-around.

After reading these posts I can now look back at dropping a V6 164 engine to change the stearing rack and starter motor with fond memories. Or the time I took the entire dashboard out because I had a leak in the footwell only to find out that my dad haven't put the plastic drip shield back correctly in the passenger door. Trying to keep my mom happy by keeping my dad out her hair.

Thanks guys, I might be suffering with the Selespeed but I know there a self-help group out there!:cry:

Sacrid

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
:)
Which clutch-changing threads did you have in mind?

One difficulty with this forum is that it's so busy, there are many threads about the same thing - sometimes only a few days apart, but separated by several pages.

People seem to post far too many problems here. In the first couple of pages, there are six threads about Selespeed problems. I'm sure it doesn't look good to casual visitors if we're all talking about problems, problems, problems. Anyone would think that Alfas are always having problems :lol: I think people should try and find nice things to post about from time to time - start a thread just to report something good - and try to restrict the discussion of problems to existing threads. :thumbs:

-Alex

·
Registered
59 Posts
One difficulty with this forum is that it's so busy, there are many threads about the same thing - sometimes only a few days apart, but separated by several pages.
I agree, though I think it's not helped by having 3 different models in one section. Whilst I can see the logic because of the commonality between them, it does make searching for GT related threads (from my pov) that bit harder.

The bigger pain is threads moving to the 2nd page in a matter of hours before a lot of members may have even seen it.

Has it ever been mooted to split out the sections into the individual models?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts