Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romano has been on here for years and has always had us look after his Alfa's, he is getting married in Italy this summer and has asked me to bring his car there for him, said he didn't trust anyone else with his baby

Rom is living in Dubai and getting married in Southen Italy, so what can I say, yes we can do that I will bring your car there for you:D

Plan is, leave UK on 26th early to get to the Nerburgring for lunch ish, smash out a few laps then head south to the Stelvio Pass. I need to be in Naples for 5.00pm on the 27th so we will need to push on :D

I took the car out tonight for a proper shake down and I gave it 10/10 and when I say that I mean it!!! and the car absolutly loved it, this is one of the best 156 GTA's I have ever had the pleasure to drive

Note to me, change the brake fluid as I had complete brake failure, blue stuff required :thumbs:

Ned

G

·
0 Posts
I presume he knows you're going round the 'Ring.... It will be getting a good Italian tune up, right?:lol:

Have fun, it will be a great trip and do give Romano all the best from us.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ned, I thought mine was one of the best GTAs you've ever driven! I'm now wondering how many others out there have had this compliment!

Good luck to Romano and enjoy the drive down Ned.

Chirag.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Romano has been on here for years and has always had us look after his Alfa's, he is getting married in Italy this summer and has asked me to bring his car there for him, said he didn't trust anyone else with his baby

Rom is living in Dubai and getting married in Southen Italy, so what can I say, yes we can do that I will bring your car there for you:D

Plan is, leave UK on 26th early to get to the Nerburgring for lunch ish, smash out a few laps then head south to the Stelvio Pass. I need to be in Naples for 5.00pm on the 27th so we will need to push on :D

I took the car out tonight for a proper shake down and I gave it 10/10 and when I say that I mean it!!! and the car absolutly loved it, this is one of the best 156 GTA's I have ever had the pleasure to drive

Note to me, change the brake fluid as I had complete brake failure, blue stuff required :thumbs:

Ned

Keep eyeing up that Gta everytime I pop in. Do you think he would like to do a swap with possibly one of the worst 156's you have seen ;-)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ned, I thought mine was one of the best GTAs you've ever driven! I'm now wondering how many others out there have had this compliment!

Good luck to Romano and enjoy the drive down Ned.

Chirag.
He clearly says "ONE OF" ;)

·
Regional Representative, For United Arab Emirates
408 Posts
All, firstly thank you for the good wishes!! Nerves kicking in now though.....that is about the wedding, although the though of my car being driven around the Nurburgring by Ned tends to make my stomach turn slightly too!!

I am sure, (hoping!) Ned will deliver it in one piece, although hopefully minus the dreadful luminous green wheels that have appeared on my car on the Autolusso Facebook pages lately!!!! :mad::eek:

Ned and his team have looked after the car right from the engine being rebuilt and it does drive like a dream and loves the Italian Autostradas and winding mountain roads around my parents place. I can't wait to drive it again.

Having said that, the impending bill on my car out here in the UAE is making me wonder if I should sell the GTA or not!!!

To be honest, Ned is the only person I trust to drive the car to Italy out of all of my friends so I am sure it will be well looked after.......I just hope he will be like me and at every service station when he stops to fill up, wash down the bumpers, bonnet edge, lights, windscreen and mirrors to remove the stubborn dead flies!!! :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
I just hope he will be like me and at every service station when he stops to fill up, chat up any passing girls, rev the nuts off it to impress other drivers and eat melting choccy bars.....
There you go, corrected that for what Ned is more likely to do......;)

Hope the wedding goes well, will the GTA be the wedding car?

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Stelvio Pass is much better driven South to North rather than North to South, if you can manage it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sounds epic. I am just putting together plans for a week long trip down to the Italian lakes in mid Aug. Are you heading through Davos Ned? If anyone can recommend any epic roads I'd love to know about them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well Ned if you have any problems with the Carabinieri in Naples let me know - my cousins are well known to a few of them - as they were based there for many years - always able to park my hire car at Naples airport in places no one else ever can :)

I'd love to drive there but the roads in the village are a mare - I'd loose the front off the Alfa almost immediately - and... For what it's worth the weather out there has been terrible for quite a while - was telling cousin just a couple of hours ago how hot it's been.

Are you in Naples or near by - we are from a village just a few mins away from Avellino

·
408 Posts
Hi 156GTASW

The wedding is in Pisciotta, near Palinuro, so alot further South than Naples, but we will be staying with my family and finishing the vacation at my folks in Cassino.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the good wishes!! No the GTA won't be the wedding car, although I did consider it, but then bearing in mind Ned's obsession with the hideous green wheels, how could I have that in the pics!? At the moment it's a Maserati Gransport Cabrio but, have decided that how can I not have a Ferrari, so have asked the wedding planner to try and change it.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Congrats on your impending nuptials Romano, hope you find a way to keep your other love in your life :)

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
, but we will be staying with my family and finishing the vacation at my folks in Cassino.

Small world, my family (fathers side) are all from a village not far from Cassino, Arpino.

I will be going there late Aug, the GTA will be staying at home though, taking the Giuli....:)

·
408 Posts
Yes it is, I know Arpino, near Isola Del Liri and Civitavecchia?!

I'm leaving 18th August otherwise I would have met up with you......

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Yes it is, I know Arpino, near Isola Del Liri and Civitavecchia?!

I'm leaving 18th August otherwise I would have met up with you......
It is indeed! Its a lovely place, steeped in history (pre Roman). Have you seen the 3000 year old arch at Civitavecchia?

·
408 Posts
No I haven't seen it but am familiar with the location. I won't get there this year as have so much running around to do but will get there next year I guess.

Come visit Cassino, specifically the Monastery!

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Yes I have been to MonteCassino several times. Looks over the Giulietta/Bravo etc.. factory..

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm from Cassino too. Have seen Romano parked up outside bar reale
Congrats on the wedding
May be out there for the last 3 weeks

1 - 20 of 54 Posts