Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at working closer to home at the moment and am currently interviewing with various companies.
Went for an interview in cambridge this morning only to remember upon signing in at reception that my interview is at 1pm and not 10am. The recruitment manager found it hilarious and said I was the most punctual candidate he'd ever had:lol: Anyway feeling like a total **** I went to leave when he mentioned seeing me pull up in the GTA and wondered if he could take a look. We spoke for a good half an hour and it turns out he to drives an alfa (the GT Black Line) which was good as this seems to have made up for the clanger of arriving three hours early.

Glad I was in the GTA now and not my wifes Citroen Saxo which I was gonna take.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
:) GTA ownership can make one get a job! That's a good promise for every owner:).

Good luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude, I couldn't help laughing at my self on the way home thinking how did I get that so wrong, I sure hope the interview itself goes better.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
It could turn out to be the best mistake you ever made ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wrote this thread expecting a ripping, so I thankyou for the empathy guys:)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Nothing wrong with being early mate. Plus you will be remembered as the one with the GTA :thumbs: That's how people get jobs. Being qualified and making an impression which you have done even if it is not quite the normal way!

And yes you are right we are all being far too nice :lol::p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
good luck mate:D

·
Registered
801 Posts
Better three hours early in a GTA than 5 mins late in a Saxo!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ironically the interview went well, 20 mins was spent talking italian motors so maybe this will help sway in my favour.
I did have it pretty cushdee with my current position, as up until now the company allowed me to work from home four days out of five. But as is so often the case these days I'm now summoned to the office daily which is 55 miles away, which doesn't suit my family lifestyle.

That will be amusing though if my GTA has indeed out of some twist of fate helped to gain the position. If I took the Saxo all would've been different that's for sure.

I have stiff competition as many are being interviewed so the agency advise me:(

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Well I think when you have a lot of applicants for a job with similar qualifications and experience they will look for those with qualities which show you will fit in. You never know...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Indeed +1 on what sv said. You will be remembered :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts