Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealers getting a relay in on my GT under warranty so whilst there had a look around the used cars. There's a 159 2.2 TI there in black. How good looking is this car :wow:...and also very practical with having a baby on the way (hint hint to the wife). I've only had the GT for three weeks but am soooooooo tempted to enquire about the 159. What's the story with them? Have they got a different suspension set up etc over the standard 159 2.2? Any other mechanical differences i.e exhaust as I've heard the standard exhaust is pretty muted on the 2.2 and I think the TI certainly deserves a nice sound to go with it's stunning looks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ti's are the greatest.. 20mm lower than a Lusso, 19's, red brakes, heated sports seats with very nice leather. sports steering wheel, B&Me, USB port, subtle Ti bodykit.. they look like the dogs danglies. 2.2 is nice with twin exhausts (my lowly 1.9 JTDm has only one)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.2 is nice with twin exhausts (my lowly 1.9 JTDm has only one)

The exhaust looks the business. My GT is a 1.9 JTDm and although it is a cracking engine I think if I were to change it for a TI I'd like to go back to petrol

I bet you get a lot of people commenting on your car? Are they purely with black leather or can you get them in tan or red?

·
Registered
841 Posts
You can get black or tan though tan is pretty rare and was only introduced 6-12 months ago. Ive also got 2.2 and it looks great though to be honest fuel economy is fairly poor and the 2.2 suffers with the well documented low rev stutter. If I were you I would wait for the new 1750 turbo engine, faster, better mpgm hopefully no stutter and likely to be some really good deals available as the 159 is approaching the end of its shelf life now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were you I would wait for the new 1750 turbo engine, faster, better mpgm hopefully no stutter and likely to be some really good deals available as the 159 is approaching the end of its shelf life now.
Thanks for the tip :thumbs:

Any idea when this is coming out?

Where in Notts are you? I'll look out for you. What colour is yours?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Im in mapperley plains with a 57 reg in grey, though a guy down in Gedling also has a 57 reg TI in grey. (im the good looking one :))
The 1.8tb engine is now ready for RHD production after the factory summer break. (LHD markets allready have this car) Much debate when you will see the first one in the UK but expect end of the year or early 2010. The first few will demand a premium but give it a few months and there should be deals a plenty. (5K off list sounds about right) If you really cant wait Variavas has 58 reg pre-reg zero miles 2.2 TI's available now for under 18K

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im in mapperley plains with a 57 reg in grey, though a guy down in Gedling also has a 57 reg TI in grey. (im the good looking one :))

If you really cant wait Variavas has 58 reg pre-reg zero miles 2.2 TI's available now for under 18K
I work in Mapperley so will doubtless see you about. Look out for an 07 plate black GT (once again a handsome driver :lol:)

Yep that's where I was this morning at Variavas and it's the black 2.2 JTS one I was looking at which is up for £17,890 if I remember rightly

Is the low rev stutter a problem with all of the 2.2's then?

P.S Is your Mito red? I've seen a red one down your way a couple of times now

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yep that's where I was this morning at Variavas and it's the black 2.2 JTS one I was looking at which is up for £17,890 if I remember rightly

Is the low rev stutter a problem with all of the 2.2's then?

P.S Is your Mito red? I've seen a red one down your way a couple of times now
1) Ah should have guessed. Variavas have them on at the best price in the UK but I reckon you should be able to negotiate a few quid off or better PX even then. (it is an awful lot of car for the money no doubt)
2) I thought it was but opinion varies hugely with some owners claiming no issues. Dont want to overdo it but it can be a touch annoying if yours has the stutter. Check out the sticky stutter thread for pages of useful info :)
3) Our Mito is Etna black with tan leather interior from Variavas of course.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would wait for the new 1750 turbo engine, faster, better mpgm hopefully no stutter and likely to be some really good deals available as the 159 is approaching the end of its shelf life now.
Sorry mate totally disagree - a new engine that's eagerly awaited is not going to be discounted.

If you wanted a deal you'd need to find a 1.9 or 2.2 ti as both these engines are being replaced.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Was at the dealers getting a relay in on my GT under warranty so whilst there had a look around the used cars. There's a 159 2.2 TI there in black. How good looking is this car :wow:...and also very practical with having a baby on the way (hint hint to the wife). I've only had the GT for three weeks but am soooooooo tempted to enquire about the 159. What's the story with them? Have they got a different suspension set up etc over the standard 159 2.2? Any other mechanical differences i.e exhaust as I've heard the standard exhaust is pretty muted on the 2.2 and I think the TI certainly deserves a nice sound to go with it's stunning looks
I purchased my 159ti from Paul @ Chris Variava and £17990 is what I paid. I've had it about 6 weeks.

I'm afraid I have to report that I do have the dreaded low speed flat spots (which I'm in the process of resolving):cry: but other than that it is a fabulous car.:thumbs:

Mine is Stromboli Grey with black interior. I love black cars but I think Stromboli suits the 159 better.

That is a personal opinion of course!

Don't hold it against me but I am commenting from the claret and blue side!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the claret and blue side!!
If I've had known you were coming to Nottingham I'd have put up road blocks not allowing you to come in :lol:

Looking forward to the matches next seson. Blues 10th, Villa 17th and Wolves Bottom ;)

Here's mine and yup it has the 2.2 hesitation but i love the Black and Black combo apart from keeping the Black paintwork clean.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/92696-pics-of-my-159-ti.html
That's a beauty Nigel

I must resist the Ti though sadly as the reason for buying the diesel GT was to save money due to the forthcoming addition to the family. I'm sticking to my guns....for now (in fact have booked my GT in for a remap tomorrow to prove my dedication to the cause)

One day though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts