Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the QV yesterday, not one car passed me on the 370km trip back :)
Loving D mode
One question with the Blue and Me with message reader with my I phone 4 doesnt seem to pick up incoming messages any advice would be great :).

Great being a Alfa owner. Alfa Romeo QV.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
I`m Pretty sure iPhone doesen´t support the message reader, but it saids in the Blue&Me folder you have with the instruction book. I´m about 1100 km from my car, so can´t check it :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check the Blue&Me section of this forum. I think I 've seen a way to have your text messages read back at you with a jailbroken iphone.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Thanks lads looks like you are right with the I Phone which is a bugger.
It doesn't work with my HTC HD2 either.
I was just considering getting an iphone as my contract is up next week, but perhaps i should wait a little longer.

As the world seems to be iphone mad i would have thought that Alfa would have made sure that one of the most common phones in the world was fully supported in the blue&me. It's not like there are a few thousand iphone models out there now is it?
I can sort of understand it with HTC as they seem to release 5 new phones per month.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh I know Alfred if it wont work with the I-Phone be more than interested in which phone the Message reader works.

But small gripe the car is making me smile.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It doesn't work with my HTC HD2 either.
I was just considering getting an iphone as my contract is up next week, but perhaps i should wait a little longer.

As the world seems to be iphone mad i would have thought that Alfa would have made sure that one of the most common phones in the world was fully supported in the blue&me. It's not like there are a few thousand iphone models out there now is it?
I can sort of understand it with HTC as they seem to release 5 new phones per month.
Blue&Me is Microsoft powered - nuff said. Its a miracle an iPhone works at all with the system, particularly as Apple are even more restrictive than Microsoft these days. B&M was wonderful 4 years ago but it seems that it hasn't been updated often enough to keep with the times. Technology is moving fast.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't think it's a problem with the blue & me but rather the software on the specific phones that won't work with the message reader function.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
B&M doesn't work with blackberry either, at least my one, I think its to do with the bluetooth profile the phone supports rather than the B&M?

·
Registered
134 Posts
B&M doesn't work with blackberry either, at least my one, I think its to do with the bluetooth profile the phone supports rather than the B&M?
Except for message reader not working (which doesn't bother me that much since I'm not native English and don't receive a lot of messages in English) I haven't had any issues with the Bluetooth. Working fine with both my old HTC Desire and my new Galaxy Nexus phone. Both Android though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The problem with the SMS reader not working isn't the fault of B&M by the way. B&M relies on a Bluetooth standard profile called "Message Access Profile" (MAP) which isn't suppported by iPhones or Android at the moment. My old Sony Ericcson Elm woked fine as it supported the profile. Some juvenile friends had great fun texting me swear works just to see if "she" would say them!

So we need the handset makers to support MAP for the SMS reader to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts