Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was determined to sort out my hand throttle but after a couple of hours cussing and swearing I gave up in a really foul mood - it was a such a beautiful day i decided to take her out and give her an Italian tune up so drove to Crickley Hill - big 3 laner up the Cotswold escarpment and what a drive! - followed a couple of Ferraris and tried goading them into delivering a V12 wail but they weren't playing so I overtook them and even that didn't work - boring or what.
Had a fantastic drive but isn't that just so Alfa Romeo, irritating little design faults and quirks but all is forgiven when your behind the wheel - I'm glad I decided not to SORN her this Winter

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Sounds great, I've just got back from a spin around the Peak District, roof down, bright sunshine. It's the first winter I'm keeping it on the road and certainly no regrets.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
I went out for a spin as well; only about 30 miles, but she hadn't been out for 6 weeks :tut: so it was long overdue. She handled impeccably and sounded wonderful and that smell, of old car, as you open the door and slip in is just awesome. Good times.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there's one thing old Alfa's don't like its sitting around doing nothing

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If there's one thing old Alfa's don't like its sitting around doing nothing
I know, i had a nightmare with my brakes last spring after it had been off the road, I was rebuilding the suspension so i couldnt even take it round the block every couple of weeks like i normally did.

Going to run it all year round from now on, the money and time i spent on the repairs from it being stood were far more than a few months tax!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts