Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Today, as part of some virtual scouting meeting, we made eggy bread.

Except we knocked it up a notch and actually made nutella stuffed eggy bread sandwiches.

Bam.
Bazza, what are you doing ruining eggy bread with Nutella??
It's a stand alone classic - thick white bread, egg, frying pan. Job jobbed!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It's annoying for a cook when someone keeps saying: "Is dinner ready yet?" Nevertheless, I'll keep asking. Last night, Sterzo the Younger, Grand Leader of Catering, and Heir to the Sterzo Debts, was worried about a shortage of ingredients, but came up with this chilli non carne (on the right of the plate) with Mexican potatoes (on the left). Greed made me pile so much on my plate that the artistic qualities were somewhat lost, but believe me, the taste wasn't. Can't decide which of those two tasted better. Oh, and that's a topping of Greek yoghurt and salad on the chilli.

View attachment 935642
Mexican potatoes? More info please.

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Bazza, what are you doing ruining eggy bread with Nutella??
It's a stand alone classic - thick white bread, egg, frying pan. Job jobbed!!
You probably won't like that I added sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to the egg either then...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Mexican potatoes? More info please.
There seem to be lots of different kinds, but the ones I had consisted of three layers of sliced potatoes separated by two layers of onions, covered in a source of tomato puree and cornflower spiced with chilli, cumin, and cinnamon plus (I think) garlic, then oven baked, and with a sprinkle of grated cheese at the last moment. I don't cook, but the trick seems to be to blend herbs and spices to give a subtle flavour. Whereas the chill non carne is a bit hotter, though still not enough to kill the ingredients.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
You lot have no idea what real food is.......

Tonight's feast in our household consists of Anne's homemade bread, toasted.....and covered with a deluge of Branston beans.

Belissimo !!!!
Update:

My picky sons have turned their noses up and ordered Just Eat....from a completely different Chinese we have never ordered from before.

Honey Chilli Chicken and Salted Chilli Chicken.......I have told them I will never be ordering from this Chinese again.

I will ALWAYS be !!!!!

It's was bloody delicious :love::love:

There may be a minor earthquake in the South Belfast area tonight...no need to worry.....you know where it has emanated from ;)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
A home made bolognese with penne pasta tonight.
I’m not the food Police - in fact, there should not be any food Police if you enjoy a dish - but penne is the pasta to have Bolognese sauce with. :)

When I go and see my folks (I remember those heady, pre Covid days :)) nothing excites me more than when I’m about to leave, my folks delve into their freezer and say ‘oh, before you go, Pops has made some Bolognese sauce for you.’ At this point, I am happier than a man who has won life’s lottery :) To bring the cooking aroma from the family home back into my home... there are no words for this satisfaction :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Bit of a weird one, this. Tonight’s dish is driven by... a tin of butter beans.
:)

oil in the pan, gently fry some garlic. Beans in, some spinach in (need to use that up, too), tin of tomatoes in, season etc... think this will be pretty nice. Undecided if this goes with spaghetti or penne. Sort this problem out later :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Curry night is here.

Chicken Bangla Naga, pilau rice and a naan. Not sure I can wait for the virtual restaurant to open and my mate to "Teams" in. A few cans of Boddingtons on the side

·
Registered
246 Posts
Roast chicken sunday dinner wiith yorkshire pudding gravy boats veg and an Italian stuffing( breadcrumbs, pine nuts, raisins, parmesan, garlic and parsley. Delicious.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts