Sliced green pepper
Spring onions
Teriyaki sauce
Rice

What’s on yours?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Now that sounds simple but a really good combination!

My son is creating a marvellous smell right now. He's cooking a vegetarian dhansac, a Persian / Indian mild curry with loads of different herbs and spices. There will be variations from the last time he did it, based on whatever ingredients he happens to have.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m liking that, squire! Once your lad has finished there, if he can nip over... :)

I’d like to add to my cooking repertoire some Thai dishes; just simple stuff, so any recommendations would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Although I have a tasty beef stew made, I feel like a pizza ?. It'll have to be a ready made one I have in the fridge. So not very imaginative today.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Gammon in the slow cooker all day. Absolutely divine.

At the moment I'm the only one working in our house so we are queing up to cook to pass the time. The butcher on Bolton market is delivering so we have plenty of meat. Mealtimes seem very important at the moment to maintain some normality.

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
We had an Ocado substitution for Quorn mince. Quorn Emmental escalopes were not bad at all with carrots and chips. And then a board game as a family. Not having to rush off to an activity means we can all eat together.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Last night was an oh-god-what's left-before-the next-delivery meal. When I asked the chef what we were having, he said: "sausages and potatoes." True, as it turned out, but veggie sausages - very different from meat ones - chopped up with quartered new potatoes, both in a sauce of tomato with red onion, olives, garlic herbs and spices, and peas on the side. Great.

I am now a commited vegetarian - except at lunchtime when I had a toasted bacon sarni. Or two.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Beef stew made with Riggwelter ale tonight. It's been in the slow cooker since about 12. I'm going to make some dumplings and have some nice crusty bread to go with it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You won't need the bread with dumplings. Love a herby dumpling baked on top of my stew!

Had stew last night and I've got some left over
Note to self: buy dumpling mix at shops tomorrow :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Grilled Sea Bass on Puy lentils with tomato onion and coriander salsa.
Its not our normal fair, but, with all this eating, drinking and general lack of activity since lockdown I've been ordered on a diet. ( Until the weekend when ever that is as I've lost track )

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Tonight is frozen lasagne*, lettuce and POP's grain mustard dressing.

*I mean it's lasagne I made a couple of weeks back which I froze. What kind of pleb do you think I am?

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Late to the party.......2 nights ago...my son made honey,chilli,garlic chicken with boiled rice......it was deeeeeeelicious....restaurant quality.......
Last night....Anne made lasagne....can take or leave.......but by God it was lovely......she put a touch of blackcurrant jelly in it.....fantastic.
Ahhhh.....food :)

1 - 20 of 169 Posts