Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, does AO look weird on your iPhone? The format looks all over the place at the moment. Is it ok for you?

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
It looked odd (i.e. different / new) before I found the login page but once I had logged in, all looks as it should.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Same here on a laptop. The yellow Alfaowner logo is huge and spreads across the whole width of the screen. Have to look for join community to log in and then everything goes back to normal

For technical it is windows 10 and Microsoft edge as the browser

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I want to log in ‘normally’ (without FB or Google), because I can no longer see the ‘bod’ icon, I have to go to a post, and click reply. Only them does a box pop up that offers not just the FB and google log in, but - hurrah! - the ‘if you already have an account option’ for me to click on.

As I can no longer see any log out options (because when I click on my avatar, the dialogue box opens so far to the left of the screen I can only see the frame of the box and not the options on it), I have to click on my profile and scroll down the options there to log out.)

Something’s not right, chaps.

Screen grab to show you what I see. 1A0CA78B-E954-49F8-B701-C6A78EF16DAE.png

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything has derailed :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Same here on a laptop. The yellow Alfaowner logo is huge and spreads across the whole width of the screen. Have to look for join community to log in and then everything goes back to normal

For technical it is windows 10 and Microsoft edge as the browser
This has been the case for some days now. (Win 10 and both Firefox and Edge). It's fairly drastic as we'll lose members who don't persist with trying to get in, and of course no-one new will bother with an obviously broken site.

Is there an update from the techie side? Presumably it's being worked on and is a bit of a nightmare to fix.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I get the 1000% scaled Alfa welcome page as well. There is a log on tab to the left hand side, but as the text is in white you cant read it because of the banner. If you scroll down a little to one of the pics you can then see it. Once logged in site is back to normal.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Still getting it on a laptop running windows 10. I always log out and shut down my browser which is set to clear all cookies. When I restart the browser (MS Edge) and open AO using a favourites link the yellow Alfaowner is full screen width. Scrolling down will bring the little "join community" box (black background) into view and clicking on this opens the log on page. After logging on everything goes back to normal. I wonder if you are not able to replicate it because you have not cleared everything out to start afresh

·
Administrator
86,488 Posts
Can you tell me if you are still seeing this issue today?

Is it happening just on phones or on laptops as well?

I have been unable to replicate it so far.

- Cricket
Yes I've just checked & it's still an issue.

Happened here on PC running Windows 10 & Chrome

Logout, then you see a page where the sizing is wrong, you need to scroll down so you can see the Login text against a dark background.

Login page 1.png

Login page 3.png

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Can you tell me if you are still seeing this issue today?

Is it happening just on phones or on laptops as well?

I have been unable to replicate it so far.

- Cricket
Try it on a Windows 10 laptop or PC, Cricket.

Edge and Firefox browsers both show the problem. In my case, all three components (Win10, Edge and Firefox) are bang up to date. No plugins or extensions. My Firefox has the standard setup, i.e. Private Browsing but is set to clear all cookies on exit and not to retain history. My Edge has its default settings.

It's been happening consistently for about a week. It's some kind of formatting glitch, so whatever the forum has as an equivalent to css is likely to be the culprit, or perhaps the link from the page code to the css.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I can't see how it would not happen if you have auto cookie delete switched on. Turn it off. Cookies are there to speed up internet access and time between pages. Your PC can't "remember" than you have been to that page and signed in. You would need to be looking in the darkest corners of the web to need to do that!....and even then is easy to see what you have been looking at if someone knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
That might sound sense except I've not changed how I select no to cookies and clear history and cookies afterwards but it started happening a week ago or thereabouts. Happens on iPad and iMac running Safari.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Clearly something was changed about a week or so ago which is causing this problem. Needs sorting it should not be necessary to tweak cookie settings to suit this specific page

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
^ Exactly. I have been running with "delete cookies on exit" for fifteen years with no problems on any website as a result. And if the formatting of alfaowner.com is dependant on dumping cookies on your device (which I very much doubt) then it's the kind of laughable error which used to be made by developers twenty years ago, when web development was new and mysterious.

·
Administrator
2,331 Posts
Hey All,

This was a cached problem from our recent Release affecting editing abilities. This should have been resolved with yesterday's update, but if it hasn't I'll go ahead and force our cache to clear right now.

Let me know if you're still seeing an issue.

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 27 Posts