Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or Greetings to you all from Belfast. Just Bought a 1.8 156 (used) and stumbled upon this excellent site. Still finding out about the car itself (which I love dearly) - its a bit like getting a new partner (not the van) and going through that initial infatuation which then settles down to a deep love affair.....

Anyway I note the manual states that I should use a petrol of "over 95 ron" - does this mean I can get away with 95? Should I use the super (priced) unleaded, or is it even ok to mix the two? Petrol prices are a bit ott at the moment and I don't foresee a change until the recall of Parliament (in October!!)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Sleepy Head. Welcome to AO. :)

I have a 156 1.8 T-Spark and it seems to work fine on standard unleaded.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO :)

If you have possibility to show us some pics of your car, it would be great :D

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
If the pics are on your hard disk, just click on the "Manage Attachments" button below and browse to the files, click on "Upload" and Bob's your uncle (assuming your mum had a brother call Robert ;) ).

Now go to it!!!

btw, welcome to AO :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO mate, get those piccies posted pronto. ;) :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** , its just like being back at school. I might just pay attention this time. At least the subject is interesting..........

Ta very much for your help. :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
alfa156_male said:
**** , its just like being back at school. I might just pay attention this time. At least the subject is interesting..........

Ta very much for your help. :)
Aha! Another Norn Iron member. :D Welcome and you'd be welcome to join with all the other Italian Car petrolheads from the Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club on the first Tuesday of each month at the Tidy Doffer in Ravarnet.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
alfa156_male said:
That sounds pretty good. Times? Contact details?
Much appreciated.
Hope it's ok to post this (it's not advertising a business so should be ok), check out the website

http://www.niimc.com/

There is no time stated on the website but if you were there for about 7.30-7.45 you should be ok. You can e-mail the club secretary to be sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts