Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says the Mail and Express as reported on Newsnight when reviewing tomorrow's papers.

Do we think Brown will take a leave from Berlusconi's book when it comes to replacing the 'Blair Babes'?

'Go' as no longer in the Cabinet.

J

·
0 Posts
will be interesting to see how this pans out.....i don't think it will help his case one bit, possibly fuel the 'get rid of Gordon' camp

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sceptical about the naming of those 'most unwanted' today.

What was that about other than moving attention elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Now they need to get rid of Caroline Flint, Tessa Jowells and Harriet Harman.
There are too many politicians in all parties, who are in power simply to massage their own egos.

N

·
0 Posts
Do I detect a hint of mysogeny in this thread?
Not from me. But it is unfortunate that "Blair's Bints" have
been complete incompetents for the most part.

I'm no Anne Widecome fan, but:

Ann Widdecombe said:
When Blair’s Babes arrived, one of them stopped me in the corridor and said ‘Oh Ann, isn’t it terrible how the men are so rude to us?’ I said, ‘Yes, just as rude as they are to each other.’ It wasn’t because she was a woman, it was because she was useless.
[http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article6188063.ece]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Do I detect a hint of mysogeny in this thread?
I should have added, bring back Clare Short to offset the damage.
Quite a few of the "Blair babes" are around the same age, and are from the same kind of background. I believe that they are simply opportunistic people, who along with Balls and the Millibands have seen a lucrative opening in politics.
We need more women getting involved in politics for the "right" reasons, the aforementioned Clare Short being one, and Sarah Tether of the Liberal Democrats being another.

·
Administrator
45,147 Posts
That is an excellent quote! :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
I should have added, bring back Clare Short to offset the damage.
She doesn't fit the mould of a "Blair Babe" (i.e. she is competent and principled)
so there is no way they will ever bring her back into NuLabour.
Probably nor would she want to. ;)

And let's not forget Mo Mowlam (RIP).

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are they on their way out the door because they are female or because they've spoken out against Mr Bean?

I do dislike that one that whenever she talks I feel like I should be back in school in short trousers as I am obviously too dim to grasp the issue, or what she is saying. She's one that's been to the 'Learn to lower you voice to sound like Thatcher' boot camp.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Poor Winnick getting Paxed. :(

Poor bloke having to following Jacqui Smith talking about acceptable standards in this Country and who we let in.

Michael Savage? Who?

I've an idea Jacqui, if we don't let anybody into the Country there's no risk whatsoever of them ever offending anybody. Next.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts