Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have a condensation issue with my Aircon. Whenever I turn sharp left half around an egg cup full of water pours onto my left foot. It's quite refreshing but it's not expected behaviour.

Car is booked in with thames in Slough for an investigation. I will update here with information once I have it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have had it a couple of times last year when I wore summer flip flops. I think it's the Aircon drain or condensation. Hasn't happened this year and I have been driving a lot in summer footwear. Probably jinxed it. 😁

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: The leak has been found, and its damaged an ECU. One is on back order, with no ETA currently. The mechanic wants to strip out the entire dash to see if there are any other issues.

I have a white diesel guilia as a loan car which is nice but I am quite annoyed now. I have had the car for about a year and a half and so far it's been back twice for misfires and now for this.

I need to write to both ARUK and FCA on this.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Update: The leak has been found, and its damaged an ECU. One is on back order, with no ETA currently. The mechanic wants to strip out the entire dash to see if there are any other issues.

I have a white diesel guilia as a loan car which is nice but I am quite annoyed now. I have had the car for about a year and a half and so far it's been back twice for misfires and now for this.

I need to write to both ARUK and FCA on this.
When you say damaged an ECU, what engine is yours? On the 2.0 petrol the engine ECU is in the middle of the engine bay so can't be that. Am guessing it could be the body ECU or similar?

We need more details if possible CB, including what the source of water is, so other than fellow owners can be aware. Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
When you say damaged an ECU, what engine is yours? On the 2.0 petrol the engine ECU is in the middle of the engine bay so can't be that. Am guessing it could be the body ECU or similar?

We need more details if possible CB, including what the source of water is, so other than fellow owners can be aware. Thanks.
It would indeed be useful if everyone who posted made clear which engine variant they are talking about i.e. Diesel, 2.0 TB or V6

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
2.0 TB.

Leak manifested as water dripping into driver and passenger foot wells. Driver side drips were over the foot rest. Passenger drips iroughly central. It's definitely air con related as present when air con is running.

The take home for other users is the leak is only minimal within the cabin - the carpets were only ever damp and never waterlogged,

Its difficult to get more clarity regarding the ECU, corrosion was mentioned.

·
Registered
506 Posts
2.0 TB.

Leak manifested as water dripping into driver and passenger foot wells. Driver side drips were over the foot rest. Passenger drips iroughly central. It's definitely air con related as present when air con is running.

The take home for other users is the leak is only minimal within the cabin - the carpets were only ever damp and never waterlogged,

Thanks @Cutterbuck; looking forward to hearing eventual outcome.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
2.0 TB.

Thanks CB. If you could contact them and find out which ECU they were talking about that would be most useful. Look forward to hearing about the fix. All the best.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks CB. If you could contact them and find out which ECU they were talking about that would be most useful. Look forward to hearing about the fix. All the best.
It's been described as "The body ECU".

I have an update from the dealer: All parts except the ECU are due to reach them on the 25th of this month. The ECU is still on backorder.

I have raised a case with AR now, it's simply not acceptable to delay starting a warranty repair by almost three weeks due to parts supply issues, and that three weeks presumes the ECU is sourced and supplied with the other parts that I have a date for.

I have also asked what they intend to do about the reliability of the car, (people may remember that the car has been back for two "misfire issues" already).

Next step is raising a case with FCA finance as the car is ona 4 yr PCP contract, I have spoken to them but they want everything in an email - which I hope to get around to in the next few days.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some feedback from the dealer. Who have been fantastic.

Parts on order are:

F0000050548409 CABLE HARNESS
F0000050548442 CABLE HARNESS
F0000050552327 BODY COMPUTER
F0006000627934 SEALING GASKET
F0000156140123 ORNAMENT

(I have no ruddy idea what the ornament is but that's the first and only piece that has arrived so far)

Case open with AR - Who last contacted me on friday saying they were trying speed things up. I haven't heard from them since.

Thames are being fantastic as ever, diesel speciale as a loan for as long as I need it, they provided the list above when asked and have kept me in the loop with frequent update emails. I won't name the young lady dealing with this mess but I cant fault them, just AR.

I should add that I have amazingly bad luck. If anyones car was going to suffer issues it was going to be mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some feedback from the dealer. Who have been fantastic.

Parts on order are:

F0000050548409 CABLE HARNESS
F0000050548442 CABLE HARNESS
F0000050552327 BODY COMPUTER
F0006000627934 SEALING GASKET
F0000156140123 ORNAMENT

(I have no ruddy idea what the ornament is but that's the first and only piece that has arrived so far)

Case open with AR - Who last contacted me on friday saying they were trying speed things up. I haven't heard from them since.

Thames are being fantastic as ever, diesel speciale as a loan for as long as I need it, they provided the list above when asked and have kept me in the loop with frequent update emails. I won't name the young lady dealing with this mess but I cant fault them, just AR.

I should add that I have amazingly bad luck. If anyones car was going to suffer issues it was going to be mine.
My 2.0 petrol super started doing this on Thursday, yesterday the fan stopped working (hot drive home!) wondering if the two are related, water getting to fan motor, checked the fuse in the passenger footwell under carpet and there looks to be an ECU thingy may be the body control ECU?, fuse ok and all other AC stuff working, air from vents is still cool, flow rate now dependent on speed of car! Call to Alfa dealer in the morning!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My 2.0 petrol super started doing this on Thursday, yesterday the fan stopped working (hot drive home!) wondering if the two are related, water getting to fan motor, checked the fuse in the passenger footwell under carpet and there looks to be an ECU thingy may be the body control ECU?, fuse ok and all other AC stuff working, air from vents is still cool, flow rate now dependent on speed of car! Call to Alfa dealer in the morning!a
If you have the water issue I had then I would insist the dealer address it asap. All of my issues have been caused by water damage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Almost a month in and Thames are still waiting for parts - ETA next Friday.

Car off road for over three weeks so far.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When mine went in for turbo coolant hose o ring leak parts took 3 weeks plus time to fix. That was after I chased up via ARCC in Italy!! At least they gave me a diesel Giulia courtesy car. AR need to do better on parts delivery if they are to keep customers long term post warranty.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts