Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was forgetting about the Inverness dealership which is also an option, however it seems strange that there has been no mention of it on here.
Is North Scotland just Aberdeenshire? Are there no members up there who have any experience of that dealership?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I was forgetting about the Inverness dealership which is also an option, however it seems strange that there has been no mention of it on here.
Is North Scotland just Aberdeenshire? Are there no members up there who have any experience of that dealership?
Inverness and Edinburgh are around the same distance apart from Aberdeen.

Edinburgh is one long Dual carriageway away but Inverness is mostly single lane roads with the occasional crawler lane. Hence Edinburgh is quicker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Edinburgh is one long Dual carriageway away but Inverness is mostly single lane roads with the occasional crawler lane. Hence Edinburgh is quicker.
True but HID spends at least a day a week in Inverness or Caithness with her Job, previously she could drop it into Perth as she also goes to Dundee or Perth often. I was just looking for a few first hand reports, it will be easier than Kemnay for me I expect, and I was also wondering if this forum is Aberdeen/Central belt exclusive..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

True but HID spends at least a day a week in Inverness or Caithness with her Job, previously she could drop it into Perth as she also goes to Dundee or Perth often. I was just looking for a few first hand reports, it will be easier than Kemnay for me I expect, and I was also wondering if this forum is Aberdeen/Central belt exclusive..:rolleyes:

G

·
I personally had a lot of customers from Inverness coming down to us in Perth. The best thing about the Perth dealership was that it was staffed by enthusiasts. A rare thing in any car dealership. Not only did we sell them, but many of us actually owned Alfas too.

It's already been said, but it truly was a terrific place to work. Some great laughs, with a great team.

We desperately needed a replacement for SAAB, but it never came. Mercedes commercial and Isuzu were no more than sticky plasters. The CDW and Alfa Romeo sales were simply not enough to keep it going. Maybe if Alfa Romeo pulled their collective fingers out and built these much promised cars then things would be different, but alas it wasn't to be.

Very sad seeing Richards pics of the empty showroom. I may have been away for a year now, but I still look back on my time their with very fond memories indeed.

Good luck to all the guys and gals in finding new jobs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried calling Perth today, didnt realise it had closed.

Im looking to order a 4c and Inverness said there is at least a 1 year wait till July 2015. Called Edinburgh who advised they could get me a build slot sooner, 6 months. They told me to look at the 4c configurator on the alfa uk website but couldnt find it?

Anyway they advised me that service's for all Alfa's are now back to 1 year intervals. I was annoyed I had to travel over 200 mile round trip every 20k miles for the brera but every year now is off-putting.

Just like what others have mentioned here, they need a dealer in Aberdeen. I noticed 2 new dealerships opened between aberdeen and portlethen(mini & nissan) so why not Alfa? Ive also got a brand new Piaggio Vespa who are also owned by Fiat and my nearest dealer is Dundee so thats a 200 mile round trip coming up soon. What is it with Fiat? Cant they have an Alfa, Fiat, Piaggio, Gilera, Aprilia multi showroom?

I would be very interested to know about this potential dealership in Kemnay? At moment I cant really be [email protected] doing a 300 mile round trip to Edinburgh or 200 mile one to Inverness & have been round past Porsche Aberdeen for a look last weekend.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Why go all the way to Edinburgh or Inverness?
CP is in Dundee and plenty decent garages locally, main dealer servicing is not needed to maintain warranty these days
Absolutely, as I stated earlier, but they can't do warranty work.
I wouldn't let a main dealer service a shopping trolley, but no choice when it comes to warranty issues.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
In so far as I can remember Piaggio was sold on to some 'American Investment Bankers' back in the late 90's. They in turn sold it to Colannino. Have friends in Pontedera and Piaggio was the biggest employer there. Have you been to the museum?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, haven't been to the museum but would love to sometime. Take a long holiday on my Vespa. Have visited Vittorio Tessera's Lambretta museum in Rogano Milan, amazing place and amazing guy. He has the Innocenti parts blueprints after the factory closed and sells high quality parts as close as you'll ever get to the genuine article. A lot better than the cheap Indian pattern parts that never fit right.

Any further news on a potential Alfa dealership in Aberdeen area? I've always bought my Alfa's 2nd hand but now I'm planning on buying new I want somewhere local.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.