Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received a letter to say Western Perth is closing down due to the uneconomic trading condtions as there are only 2 Alfa models and the Saab franchise is finished, well they didn't say that exactly but it is a brief precis of the letter.

Initially I thought this was bad news but hope springing eternal perhaps ARUK can persuade an Aberdeenshire franchise to take on Alfa seeing as there are a lot of owners up here mainly thanks to Grahams hard work over the last few years.

It really was bad timing, I was just about to order a 4c, I was just waiting for permission from HID!
:cool::cry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was forgetting about the Inverness dealership which is also an option, however it seems strange that there has been no mention of it on here.
Is North Scotland just Aberdeenshire? Are there no members up there who have any experience of that dealership?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Inverness and Edinburgh are around the same distance apart from Aberdeen.

Edinburgh is one long Dual carriageway away but Inverness is mostly single lane roads with the occasional crawler lane. Hence Edinburgh is quicker.
True but HID spends at least a day a week in Inverness or Caithness with her Job, previously she could drop it into Perth as she also goes to Dundee or Perth often. I was just looking for a few first hand reports, it will be easier than Kemnay for me I expect, and I was also wondering if this forum is Aberdeen/Central belt exclusive..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Inverness and Edinburgh are around the same distance apart from Aberdeen.

Edinburgh is one long Dual carriageway away but Inverness is mostly single lane roads with the occasional crawler lane. Hence Edinburgh is quicker.
True but HID spends at least a day a week in Inverness or Caithness with her Job, previously she could drop it into Perth as she also goes to Dundee or Perth often. I was just looking for a few first hand reports, it will be easier than Kemnay for me I expect, and I was also wondering if this forum is Aberdeen/Central belt exclusive..:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.