Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wester has been replaced as Alfa / Maserati boss...

Harald Wester, a top lieutenant of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne, has been replaced as leader of the multibillion effort to resurrect Alfa Romeo and as head of Maserati.

Wester, 58, a German-born mechanical engineer who has been in leading positions at FCA and its corporate predecessors since 2004, will remain FCA’s chief technical officer, the automaker announced today.

But he will no longer be responsible for FCA’s two luxury brands. In his place, Reid Bigland, 49, will assume global responsibility for Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Bigland, a Canadian, will also continue as head of U.S. and Canadian sales for FCA US.

Wester "will be able to devote his full attention" to the role of chief technology officer, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement. "I am thankful for the work Harald has carried out in the last few years establishing a sound technical framework for our two premium brands and which has culminated in the recent launch of the Maserati Levante and the Alfa Romeo Giulia, Marchionne said.

"It is time now for our efforts to be directed towards the global commercial expansion of these two brands, and I can think of no one better than Reid to fulfill that mission,” he said in the statement.

Bigland gets new challenge.

"It is time now for our efforts to be directed towards the global commercial expansion of these two brands, and I can think of no one better than Reid to fulfill that mission,” he said in the statement.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bodybuilder at the head of Alfa and Maserati. I must say that if I want someone at the head of whole FCA from 'C' it's him.

Probable the last teaser from Wester as a Alfa's CEO was about Giulia SW before the end of next year.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
I suspect the "Big Lad" has more experience of the North American market.. so might be seen as being able to exploit the arrival of the new models better..?

Ralf S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts