Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , this is very short notice but i have been given the go ahead to open this training exercise to yourselves to come along and watch..
This is a major fire service exercise in cradley heath west mids, this coming sunday.. i have 15 to 20 places maximum available for you to come along and watch..
The scenario is in a massive (disused in parts) factory. It will take place in an underground tunnel and will simulate a 5 car pile up and will include live casualties. A fire will be simulated and i will be your guide to explain everything that takes place, you will observe at least 10 appliances dealing with this incident..
please let me know if your interested and ill give the venue details etc if this proves popular..
You will not be allowed access if you just turn up on spec so to speak so can i guage the interest from here first.. regards , lee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.. numbers please.. Forgot to mention there will be three cars smashed up and you will see the crews extracating the casualties, its 12 fire appliances in total confirmed now (60 firefighters).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No probs..will post where to meet .. Will be 1030 ish meetup .exercise will take about 1 hour.maybe bit longer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its this coming Sunday. U need to be there 1030 , drill will last approx between 1 to 2 hours..meeting at woods lane cradley heath

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Both my parents work for the fire service - Something I always wanted to do but opted for the office job lol.

They told me about this as I have a couple friends that are involved too!
Would be an interesting watch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small world ...remember goin to the gulf in 91. First person i spoke to when i got their was from dudley lol.and no he wasn't an iraqi soldier!! Lol.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Theres always someone from Dudley where ever you go in the world.
The accent you can hear miles away.

They get about ...

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Lee I would have loved to come but other arrangements were already made, sorry.

I hope you get a good turnout and have an enjoyable excercise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi yes photos should be ok but i will confirm that on the morning.. no probs mr shusky !!! to be honest it was very short notice..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes thats fine..i will post on here tomorrow 6 pm ish where to meet and park etc.. then sunday morning check this thread by 9 am just to make sure its on.... it will only be called off if there is a major incident ongoing in the midlands....

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
When is it on?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Oh blimey, to short notice sorry, would have been good to experience.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts