Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Knockhill today to watch BTCC and saw loads of Alfa's. Didn't see any AO stickers mind. I was in someone elses car so didn't have minty with me.

Nicest car I saw was a 156 pre face lift on a private plate. Silver with dark red leather and 17" tele's. AROC sticker onboard.

Onto the racing..... Porsche's were awesome....... and what about Plato finishing 2nd, from starting last on the grid. The crowd never seemed to react to anything all day but when he clinbed the field, they (and I) were cheering big time.

Great day was had by all.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it Prof, was watching on ITV4.
We were at Snetterton 2 weeks ago collecting for the EAAA on the Saturday and watching on the Sunday. Like you we had a great weekend.
Got to admit I find the Porsches a bit sterile generally, and much prefer the Ginettas , but the touring cars are a class apart. I saw some recent posts on here decrying the series but I still think it is very strong with some great drivers and excellent racing.
James Nash is our guy (he supports EAAA and has helped Team Botch a lot) but he wasn't there at Knockhill. Also a fan of Gio due to his strong association with Alfas, looks like he has Turks in his sights and is hunting him down for that third title on the bounce.
As you say a great drive by Plato and some good racing throughout the day.:thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts