Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good article by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame....

War drums are beating for Iran. But who's playing them? | Terry Jones | Comment is free | The Guardian

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience," he said. "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

- US president, Dwight D Eisenhower in 1961.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
What I don't understand is that on the one hand we are told that troops are being made redundant, then you turn on the TV and see a flash expensive advert for new recruits. Where are the comms people then, or are they the ones that have already gone?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
What I don't understand is that on the one hand we are told that troops are being made redundant, then you turn on the TV and see a flash expensive advert for new recruits. Where are the comms people then, or are they the ones that have already gone?
If it's anything like the late 80s when I tried the RAF, the recruitment wing has a budget to spend even though there are no jobs at the end of it. I went through the tests, medicals and interviews at Biggin Hill only to be told there was no job available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts