Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went to visit my sud in hospital ( the body shop ) today to see how its getting on,..

the guys did not manage to get on it much last year as they were stacked out with work, but this week they made a push with it, gotta say im well happy with it :)

drivers rear arch is pretty much done, passenger side is not far behind, the tricky fibreglass wings are getting there and the engine bay is ready, its even looking like it will have good door shut gaps which has got to be a first for a sud! :p

hope to have it back in time for a summer rebuild.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:thumbs: Looking good :thumbs:

cheers to All
Peter

K

·
0 Posts
nice job they are doing there :cool:

what's the steering wheel off :confused: reminds me of something, a lancia dedra???

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, its getting there slowly ... i just have to make sure i drive it when its done and not let it be a garage queen !

kev - steering wheel is a momo factory option for alfa 75, on home made boss, i'm not going to use that wheel as i got a OMP jobbie that looks remarkably like the standard sud one but in suede !

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Looks good mate ;)

I love it when a car is at this stage of rebuild. At this stage, the better job you do , the less problems you will have in the future ;)

K

·
0 Posts
thanks guys, its getting there slowly ... i just have to make sure i drive it when its done and not let it be a garage queen !

kev - steering wheel is a momo factory option for alfa 75, on home made boss, i'm not going to use that wheel as i got a OMP jobbie that looks remarkably like the standard sud one but in suede !
:cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
How comes its still got a massive hole in the roof then Lib??
What you need is a nice motorsport inspired shell with no hole!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Did all the Sud Ti Qvs come with a sunroof in the UK? As far as I can remember I have never seen one in Denmark :confused:
they were fitted once in the UK i believe. the importers thought we all wanted a sunroof so we got one, leaks and all :lol:
more of an aftermarket tin-opener type one than a proper factory fit. when i looked at mine without the sunroof in it is obvious that it was merely a hole cut in the roof panel, no extra strengtheners or anything :tut:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when you take the sun roof out its bloody scary !!!!

my roof skin wobbles about like one of them things rolf harris plays when hes making stupid noises thru his nose!

the guys at the body shop are well on top of it, they really know what their doing with these old alfa's, they own about 10 between them lol

Kris ... you need a 16v in yours a go track day racing mate :)
are there still no takers on yours ? maybe its just karma and you are meant to keep it !?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts