Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...........the time has come that the CV Joints need replacing on my 156 but i'm struggling to fine any after market ones.

The genuine Alfa ones aren't cheap so I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I can buy some.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,139 Posts
If the original Alfa Romeo ones have lasted 258,000 miles, then using genuine Alfa Romeo ones might see another 258,000 miles.;)

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
If the original Alfa Romeo ones have lasted 258,000 miles, then using genuine Alfa Romeo ones might see another 258,000 miles.;)
How about some 2nd hand Alfa Romeo ones then? I have some that've done 70k so technically they'll be good for another 188,000 miles. (That's not a guarantee :lol:)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought, the old ones have been really good, lets go and buy something different :confused:
Well my Alfa surely can't last that much longer hence thinking about the cheaper option BUT £18.99 each compared to £150 each............it does make you wonder what the catch is???!!!!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I thought the same the first time I used them, but I was working to a budget so tried them.
All I can say is that you need to buy them to appreciate the quality. The price might be low, but they certainly aren't 'cheap' - if you know what I mean.
I have bought cheap CV joints from other manufacturers and they were cheap for a reason!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts