Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Should be the other way around Al.

Well done the Administrators for leaving a gaping hole that could be exploited at a later date at someone else's expence.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
If the procedures required by law were not implemented by the administrators then it is the fault of the administrators, not the union. The union is doing what it is supposed to do, effectively its only function, looking after its members ;) :D

K

·
0 Posts
Surely the ****s are the administrators who allowed this to happen? If I was an ex Woolies employee in the same circumstances, I would have no issue with accepting that money. It seems that lots of people expect those who can least afford it to pay the price for the state of the economy.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hmm. Well the key phrase there is 'up to £67M' Because this sounds like another Media made up statistic, I would guess achieved by looking at the worst possible case and factoring up. I think in reality the number is probably considerably less. And bear in mind that any money paid out, should have been paid in many times over by the NI contributions of said employees. And that money is taxable, and that money would mean some of those people would no longer receive benefits.

But hey, never let facts get in the way of a great £67M headline.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
In the circumstances they are only getting what anyone else would be entitled to, just after a longer delay in receiving it. I feel it is wrong that the poor sods working in smaller stores employing less than 20 staff will get nothing. To me, that seems grossly unfair in the context of this being a large, single entity employing a lot of people in a variety of locations. They should be treated the same really.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
She'd like that, apparently at Christmas the Royal family only buy small silly presents up to £10. Maybe we should all do that, then we wouldn't have got into the mess the country's in today.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
She'd like that, apparently at Christmas the Royal family only buy small silly presents up to £10. Maybe we should all do that, then we wouldn't have got into the mess the country's in today.
Been doing this for many years:) (ok, maybe a bit more than £10 sometimes, and exceptions may be made for kids, but the idea is the same).

V

·
0 Posts
Me too. Small token(ish) gift to show affection rather than bludgeon to impress.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts