Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came into some serious luck last week when I found that Ned at Auto Lusso was breaking a 156 in the same colour as mine – I needed my two drivers side doors replaced :( What a relief it was after having several £500 - £1000 repair quotes from body shops to hear that the doors he had were in good condition and that they would only cost me £40 quid each plus £40-£50 if I wanted them fitted as well! Sounded like a great deal to me so I jumped at the chance and booked in for the Saturday morning as Ned had also offered me a free ‘Saturday Surgery’ check-up and a bacon sarnie and coffee on arrival! So I made the trek from Ipswich to Edlesborough and arrived at Auto Lusso at 9.30 – Ned and Laurence got stuck in and started to wash down and dismantle the donor car. Anyway, to cut a VERY long story short – after a few rounds of bacon sarnies, numerous cups of coffee, a very tricky door handle swap, a dodgy rear door mechanism, a wiring loom that was completely incompatible with my car (even though it came off a black W reg 156 almost identical to mine!!??!:rant: ), and around SEVEN hours of f-ing and blinding we finally got the doors swapped and working correctly!!

I want to say a big thank you to Ned and Co at Auto Lusso - I was really impressed with the effort the lads put into getting the job finished no matter how painful and frustrating it was! Even better than that was the fact that Ned stuck to his word and only charged me £40 for seven hours labour!! (although I’m not sure he will want to repeat that deal anytime soon). They most definitely earned their money and deserve a major pat on the back! I will most certainly be back again in the future and I can’t recommend them highly enough! Good job!

By the way Ned - I never did get that free check-up ;)

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Great service.:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nice one:thumbs: Really hoping to get Ned & the boys to fit a Q2 to our GT before we head to the Mille Migla in May:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts