Alfa Romeo Forum banner

261 - 280 of 349 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Just swapped my 156 sportwagon for a 159 2.4 Ti Sportwagon and am following my tradition of making the first long drive one from London to 'home' - Aberdeen, to show the car some decent roads and scenery.

So if anyone spots a red thing with BG** *** plate please give it a flash/wave - it will be much appreciated!
Nice choice of car, colour, engine and spec :thumbs:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome aboard rosso - there's plenty good roads up here and even at this time of year the scenery is stunning, especially on a cold bright day. The light and colours are great so get yourself out and about.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. The motor got its photie took at the Cairn o' Mount in beautiful sunshine on Sunday!

Doubt if I saw any of you out and about as I saw very few Alfas :confused: on the road. Waived the only other 159 I passed (silver - near loch of Skene) but not sure if they noticed .

Anyway the car and I had a great time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sat and sun were stunning and we were out in guilie down to Kirriemuir and over Glenshee to Ballater for a wedding. It was cold and crisp an clear and yeah, very quiet on the roads both days.

I've posted some suggestions for what we're up to next year - take a look and see if your interested or can add any more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all

Hi just like to say hi to all Alfa Owners North Scotland
my name is eddie living in edinburghand drive an alfa guilletta collezine 1.4 twinair with 170 hp:cool:
really enjoying it apart from being really thirsty lol
hoping to come to the run on may 4th

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all
my name is Ramsay and iam new to this awesome site.i live in perth and I own a silver 156 gta sportwagon.this is now my 5th alfa and I love them to bits.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi guys welcome aboard.
Take a look at our May Day run, it should be a cracker and suit you both fine.

Hope to see you around!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello all, thought I'd drop by. Bought a 3.0 GTV project, was ProAlfas car. I had a 3.0 GTV previously, about 6 or 7 years ago, and loved it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome aboard.
We'll just starting to shift off the winter cobwebs and get some events and meets sorted out. You might want to take a look at our May run down to Kelso and Lindisfarne and the Scottish Italian car dar in Fife.
Hope to see you sometime. Keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Usually at the Italian Car Day, was in black Assetto Corsa Maserati, parked up at house, at Hill of Tarvit last year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi all, i'm james, live in fife, new to here and to alfa's, always rode motorbikes, still do but drove an alfa gt and loved it, a car has never made me smile the way this one does. hope to get to some meets but with young kids plans don't always work out. if i do make it to a meet i'll be the guy in the corner wondering what to talk about, bit lost when it comes to cars . anyway, safe driving all.
take care
james

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi James, don't worry about the banter , just come along for the drive!
There are those who count rivets and know every bit there is to know about this that and the next engine and there are those who don't and only like a drive in a real car, and there is everything in between.

Come along n say hi sometime. Check out the Scottish Italian car day and the May weekend run.

Hope to se you soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alfa Newbie needs a hand

Hi I just picked up my first alfa the other day a 04 plate 156 2.0JTS with 36K miles :)

As far as I can tell it seems a good one but does come with one or two minor issues. :cry: the engine runs cold when out on the dual carriageway and from a bit of research Im guessing this is a thermostat issue. Im keen to change it my self but not 100% on what im doing! anyone in aberdeen area want to lend a hand to a new alfa owner???

hopefully see some of you around

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi and welcome to AlfaOwner.
Check out the specific board for the 156 and post on the North Scotland board too - I'm afraid I'm not mechanically minded so can't help, but someone here will know.
We're planing an evening catch up on the 4th of march and will soon be starting our regular meets again. There's also the May run too.
Hope to see you soon.

Stu:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi all, i'm james, live in fife, new to here and to alfa's, always rode motorbikes, still do but drove an alfa gt and loved it, a car has never made me smile the way this one does. hope to get to some meets but with young kids plans don't always work out. if i do make it to a meet i'll be the guy in the corner wondering what to talk about, bit lost when it comes to cars . anyway, safe driving all.
take care
james
Hi James,
I was the same. Have driven bikes but mainly Italian scooters since I was 17 then saw a pic of an Alfa alongside a Lambretta with the caption both designed by Bertone. I then went out and hunted down a GTV6.
Now on my 4th Alfa! Wouldn't drive anything else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Heads up newbies - :)

Cove bay hotel, march 4th for a post work bite to eat and beverage. Check out the event and please pop along if you are able. We won't be going any where but it will be great chance to meet everyone and say hello. We'll be there from 6 as a few of us work in town.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alfa 156

Hi all after toying with the idea of getting a alfa I finally took the plunge .Got my self a black 156 veloce 2003 plate 116000 on clock with history and belt changes. Really nice red leather interior .and under the bonnet is like a new car ,so she has been looked after ,She has the big spoiler ,wife says I am going through my mid life chrisis but hey ho , anyway thanks for having such an informative forum learned a lot about alfas already ,so thanks guys:thumbs:

261 - 280 of 349 Posts