Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well done to the admins.
I'd like to personally thank everyone involved in maintaing this website for the common good.It's people like you who make sharing our passions for Alfa's possible.Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
jozza said:
Well done to the admins.
I'd like to personally thank everyone involved in maintaing this website for the common good.It's people like you who make sharing our passions for Alfa's possible.Thanks again.

Whatever Jozza says ;)
A job well done!:cool:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
When pointing my arrow on the green dot next to the rep-button it reads:

"Joost is on a distinguished road". What does that mean? Is someone considering me to be a distinguished gentleman?

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Thanks everyone, we have another excellent feature coming in a few weeks, and another after that :) But seriously, I feel releaved that it went to plan and that we never even lost a single post. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
It's good to be back!

Thought the classic style was gone for a while, the modern one is bad for my eyes (Sorry mods! :p). Reverting to it It was just a few clicks away thankfully.:)

·
Registered
898 Posts
alfaowner said:
Thats worrying for you, as I can? Do you have any error messages? if so what are they?
Got, I think, AO doesn't like proxies anymore...
:mad:

And there are other features unavailable with Firefox...
:(

Anyway doesn't bother me too much, not a power poster.

Zee

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
alfasud.ti said:
, the modern one is bad for my eyes
I agree, the dark background in modern AO is not as comfy to view as the black on white (said by someone with 20/20 vision). Glad you kept the classic skin alive. Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Blue Zee said:
And there are other features unavailable with Firefox...
Zee
That does raise a question: considering Alfaowner uses Firefox as well, how come you don't get all the features he (and Hans) installed using Firefox:confused:

I can't see Alfaowner directing his forum with Firefox if that caused him not to be able to be in full control.

Zee, do you use the classic or modern skin? That could well be the difference.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Joost said:
I agree, the dark background in modern AO is not as comfy to view as the black on white (said by someone with 20/20 vision). Glad you kept the classic skin alive. Thanks
Choices, choices, personally I hate the classic skin, it remindes me of the old 155 forum.... yuk! But then we are all different. classic skin is here to stay. Someone mentioned features missing. Ok, which ones, we will try and do something about it as, I dont get any problems so id like to know please.

List away...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
alfaowner said:
Choices, choices, personally I hate the classic skin, it remindes me of the old 155 forum.... yuk!
It is not that the skin type bothers me. Modern looks way cooler than classic.
But why do you think Word uses black letters on a white background? The combination is just more relaxing for your eyes.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Modern skin all the way for me...I seem to like less light entering my eye than more :confused: and that from 20/20 vision guy too :p ;)

Editing posts seems much quicker... I like :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
it is not about light entering your eyes. It is in the way that you have to try harder reading print on a dark background then dark print in a light background :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
the only thing "wrong" with modern skin, is that it doesn't use the width of the screen..

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I prefer the modern ............ an overall grey screen seems less strain on the eyes when reading...... :D ..........Word processors seem to still be trying to emulate typing on white paper rather than reading from a monitor:(

And the layout suits my setup...... 800x600....... although I gather that 1024x768 is now the most popular screen resolution:)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I use the "classic" skin - it's more work-friendly (i.e. slightly less obvious that I am in a forum all day long.... :p :lol: ).

So what features am I missing out on? :confused:

btw, many thanks from me to the admins and mods for the continuing excellent job in providing this brilliant resource :cool:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts