Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome back to you all!

The new board is finally here (obviously)... No need for a long list of features right now! We are just glad to have you all back!

This version of AO should look, feel and act like the board we used to know so you should already be half way there! :rolleyes: But.... just incase you do have questions or problems, we have provided you a place to put them :thumbs:
www.alfaowner.com/Forum/#the-official-ao-problem-discussion-forum :cheese:

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for their patience these last 5 days, we do still have some work to do, therefore we will simply crack on... :p

Regards,

Ian & Geoff :cool:

·
Administrator
86,643 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work guys :BOW: :thumbs: & it's great to be back :cool:

I'm sure it's been a long week for everyone involved so hope you get a chance to take a well earned break soon :)

PS AO is now fully functional on my Nokia N95 :cool: :thumbs: before it was just available in WAP :eek:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work guys :BOW: :thumbs: & it's great to be back :cool:

I'm sure it's been a long week for everyone involved so hope you get a chance to take a well earned break soon :)

PS AO is now fully functional on my Nokia N95 :cool: :thumbs: before it was just available in WAP :eek:
+1. Thanks for the hard work :)

This website also works on my samsung f700 :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Top marks to all concerned. Well worth waiting for, but the holiday home did make change for a while, with the benefit of us appreciating the real AO.:):

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Works like a dream with the blackberry, there is a down side for our wap users though, they now have no wap however we will offer a very basic lite version of AO grey just for them though.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
So glad everything is back up and running - Didnt know how DEPENDENT I am on this site - was getting WITHDRAWL Symptoms !!!:lol::lol:

Thanks for all the Great Work in improving the Site :D

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Nice to be back.:thumbs:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice to have the forum back after what seems like forever for a painting and decorating job although you can tell a bit of re-plastering and maybe a re-wire went on as well. :D

Everything I have seen so far works exactly as it appears it should do - great job on the implimentation and snagging. :thumbs:

I'm liking the new brighter feel although it still seems a little odd being used to the darker theme of old but it's like going from a silver Alfa to a black one, it takes a little time to get used to but I defo like it. ;)

One thing that I personally find a very annoying is that "Latest 3 Threads from " box that appears below the initial post in a thread - I just want to get stuck in to the thread and not be scouring for information that I need to skip - not that I don't think it's a useful feature, i'm just not certain that it's current location is the best place for it. :tut:

The thread preview if I remember correctly used to work whether you were logged in or out but now only seems to work when you are logged in, at least this is the case on the computer i'm on at work and I can only use IE6 on that. Is this intentional to get people to register or a bug? :confused:

All in all I think that the team has done an excellent job of upgrading the forums, it's more than obvious the preparation and thought that went into the work. I also appreciate the temporary forum setup to help us through the suffering of withdrawal symptoms. I think you all deserve a beer or two in the Sun. :cool:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Nice one guys. I've been running a forum on 3.8.2 since its release and it's a much better version. I imagine the delay has been down to getting all the modified files you had working properly on this new version so glad to see it's all up and running OK.

Are you going to move the postbit to the left?

:thumbs:

PS. Almost forgot, if you need any help with any of the features, I'm no expert but I have been using 3.8.2 for a a few months now so would gladly help out if I can.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
One thing that I personally find a very annoying is that "Latest 3 Threads from " box that appears below the initial post in a thread...
I thought the same. While I can see it being a useful feature, is there any way it can be minimised by default?
Also the "Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so" after posting is a little irritating, especially when clicking "back" to return the the forum, needing to click it twice to get past that page!

Other than that and the lack of the darker theme (at present), it's looking good!
Well done team :clap:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
953 Posts
One thing that I personally find a very annoying is that "Latest 3 Threads from " box that appears below the initial post in a thread...
I thought the same. While I can see it being a useful feature, is there any way it can be minimised by default?
Or could it be possible to get the Mod author to add to the code a way to allow us to turn it off via the user control panel?
This way those that find it useful can have it switched on and vice versa.

If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so" after posting is a little irritating
I didn't notice this until after I posted above, this was my first post since the forum went back online but I have to agree with this issue also, it seems like adding steps for the sake of it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts