Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
47,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, when flashing another car user to say thank you to to let them through, I will do so by dropping to sidelights then back up instead of flashing the highs. I do this when I judge that the latter would likely dazzle them (i.e. they're directly ahead of me).

Very very occasionally, when I do this, the GTA turns on the rear foglights.

Reactions: Ross

·
Administrator
47,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if the battery in the keyfob is low, then sometimes when you try to lock the car it opens the boot instead.

(Actually, that one hasn't happened since I had both my fobs refurbished).

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
On some wet (something like 3 out of 5) days when I turn the car on and switch the dipped light on I have rear fog lights switched on as well. it just happens on its own. since switching process goes form nothing to sidelights and to dipped, stage by stage, I assume it does similar thing to yours.

Never on a dry day.

Don't know if it is a glitch or some kind of in-built thing.

·
Administrator
47,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was CANBUS, I would have suggested that (in laymans terms, since they're the only ones I understand) the two 'messages' combined (headlights off, headlights on) simulate the command for foglights on.

But I believe that the 156 doesn't have CANBUS.

·
Registered
39,603 Posts
A couple of quirks on mine.

The self dipping mirror doesn't work if you get a HID or LED equipped car behind.

The Auto front wipers in conjunction with the rear one which is linked on auto never seem to work in the same way twice.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
On my GTV if you open the window a bit the door shuts properly nice and tight, also on all gtv's I've had you need to tap the temp guage to turn it on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 147 electric windows will go down fine but won't come up all the way in cold conditions, even though I've greased the regulators and runners.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
159 off side dipped headlight not coming on when car is cold. Give it a 'measured' thump in the middle of the lens and hey presto, and it stays on whilst driving even potholed roads. Park up and try again within half an hour or so, all good. Try when the car is cold again and no go. And repeat!
If I pull out the connector and then re-house that makes it work too. I've swopped bulbs over and tried new ones - same results.
Garage is going to have fun with this one - it's in tomorrow.

·
Administrator
47,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
147:
- will permit locking of the door manually, but not unlocking.
- occasionally eats it's own door window seal when the window glass is winding up.

GQV:
- Randomly decides that the alarm is not available upon locking.
- Arbitrarily turns on the stereo on starting, despite it being turned off when the car was last switched off.
- Will decide to phone people, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

·
Registered
39,603 Posts
GQV:
- Randomly decides that the alarm is not available upon locking.
- Arbitrarily turns on the stereo on starting, despite it being turned off when the car was last switched off.
Mine does both of these things.

Also the Blue and me resets itself back to a certain song with random play across all folders every now and again, and when you go into media player to try to get back to where you were it says "building media library" indefinitely...

The voice commands rarely recognise what I am saying.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
On the day i picked up my GT , it seemed to take a dislike to the M25 ( can't blame it to be honest ! )

The cruise control worked before but refused to when on the M25, I thought here we go, Alfa problems starting already, but a few miles up the A1 I tried it again and it was back in business, and has worked fine since then ...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
On my GT:

Sometimes If I have a CD in the radio (even the Nav CD) the radio won't make any sound at all unless I turn it off and on again.

The clutch varies its weight every day (dodgy slave).

Intermittently the gearlever will become hard to move the the left and right and makes a banging noise from the base of the stick but only happens very rarely and cannot be reproduced??

Sometimes it will need to be cranked over for ages before it will start, as if the fuel rail has emptied itself of fuel.

And my GTV:

No matter how ropey it is, it never lets me down, it just keeps going and never dies.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Sometimes, when flashing another car user to say thank you to to let them through, I will do so by dropping to sidelights then back up instead of flashing the highs. I do this when I judge that the latter would likely dazzle them (i.e. they're directly ahead of me).

Very very occasionally, when I do this, the GTA turns on the rear foglights.
On some wet (something like 3 out of 5) days when I turn the car on and switch the dipped light on I have rear fog lights switched on as well. it just happens on its own. since switching process goes form nothing to sidelights and to dipped, stage by stage, I assume it does similar thing to yours.

Never on a dry day.

Don't know if it is a glitch or some kind of in-built thing.

Both my 156 GTAs did this. The first time, under warranty they changed the whole instrument cluster for some reason!?
Then on the second one I read on here somewhere that the switch itself is usually the issue as it get loads of "crud" down the sides... I had it taken out and cleaned and it never did it again...worth a try

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Do you mean the switch for the rear fog lights? I'll give it a go, thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Yes, the one near the gear stick.. I'd read it on here somewhere and the garage did it for me (indy, not main dealer of course).. worked a treat

·
Registered
102 Posts
I switch on CD and instead of the disc symbol on the dash coming up, a cassette appears with the word 'Tape'. Rather odd as I've never found a cassette player in a Brera.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
A couple of quirks on mine.

The self dipping mirror doesn't work if you get a HID or LED equipped car behind.

The Auto front wipers in conjunction with the rear one which is linked on auto never seem to work in the same way twice.
works on mine (mirror) however the lights don't get a green tint like halogen gets. when both hid and halogen are visible in the mirror it's obvious it works.

LED headlights, the one I tested, have actually no more and often less output than halogen. They're all OEM systems too. but the onesI tested don't haveled high beams and aren't very likely to shine into your rearview mirror.

I never use the rear wiper, can't comment on that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts