Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is just weird.. Driving home from work today and every time I booted it the rear window would mist up on the outside and then clear. It was as if there was a huge amount of heat coming out of the exhaust and the wind was blowing it back towards the car,........ feasible, but surely it would have to be a huge amount of heat and the wind would have to have been blowing in the right direction each time.

Is it possible that the DPF was blowing off? I've never knowingly experienced the DPF thing but the strangeness was occurring over about 5 minutes worth of driving.

Weird! :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 08 2.4 210 remapped to 240 and 350 ftlb torgue and have noticed this when its cold in the morning, it goes after about 5 miles but is also there on damp evenings as well. I can only think it is while the car warms up, the glass is colder and subject to some form of external comdensation

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I get this too.

The low pressure at the back of the car could easily draw warm exhaust gas up and over the rear window, and obviously does at certain speeds.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Mine does it, and its a 2.2, its just warm air hitting cold damp air.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Yes, I get this too.
Brenda's sure got some weird aerodynamic sucking going on with her curvy arse.
:tongue:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've always had this, even in the summer. It always happens when I boot it in the morning. Mine is a Brera 2.2. I'd never thought of it as a problem, just the power from the quad exhausts .... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts