Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I took delivery of a second hand Alfa 147 1.9 JTDM 8v Collezone with 87,000 miles on the clock 2007 model on 1st July.

Most things worked when I drove it away. Sometimes an error with the glow plug, left side light failure and looking at the MOT history this seems to have been an on going issue. The horn doesn't work even though the MOT was done a week ago. I've checked the fuse for the horn and all looks good.

Since then the "rear hatch open" will display occasionally after using the boot or trunk and the rear wash wipe stopped working. The front wiper will work on the manual up and then on high speed but wont do the other two settings. The on board computer doesn't work so no miles per gallon stats, etc. The Oil warning appears sometimes even though there is plenty of oil in the engine. Some times the indicators won't cut out after doing a turning.

I think the clutch is slipping when pulling away but I'm not sure.... ok its been years since have a turbo diesel. First gear can be a bit "squishy" and doesn't feel crisp.

Any ideas on this one please. Have I bought a lemon or are these things easy to get repaired as the garage has offered to do? My only concern is that there could be ongoing issues that will just keep on appearing.

OK I am use to German engineering but want something a little different in looks not faults :banghead:

Thanks guys and I hope you have good news for me :)

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts