Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had a manual 2.0 T-Spark 156 for about 18 months now but for the last couple of months it's started making a weird noise. It's quite difficult to describe but it definitely sounds like something rotating and it's not a grinding noise. It only happens when in gear and goes away when the clutch is depressed. It seems to happen in every gear apart from 1st and doesn't happen if I rev the engine when stood still.

The car had a new gear box fitted about 2 years ago at an Alfa dealer when my friend owned the car. I've also just changed the Clutch release bearing / slave cylinder and this made no difference.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's started to drive me crazy now and turning the radio up so I can't hear it isn't going to work for much longer.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Why don't you put the front of the car on stands and CAREFULLY! get a friend to run the car and change between the gears 1-2 while you have the bonnet up so you can get a good idea about where exactly the noise is coming from??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure it's the gear box now though. I put some gear box lubricant stuff in yesterday and it seems to have reduced the noise a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts