Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a new Bosch battery for my Alfa 156 2.5 V6, started the car after fitting and it started okay, but when I put the headlights on the car lost all power and stopped. I thought I'd see what its like running on the road and when I put the headlights on the car lost all power, ABS, Power steering etc...

Restarted car (after pulling over) and it was fine. Got the car home and tried the headlights again and it was fine no issues at all. I sprayed the terminals with grease to protect them, so maybe it was this?? or maybe the battery was a little flat??

The old battery didn't do this and never heard of anything like this!

Anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
New battery was possibly low on charge(being sat on shelf),started car but when you put lights on, alternator had to supply a large enough amperage which creates extra (mechanical)resistance(hense engine cutting out).By the time you got home and tried it again battery had sufficient charge.
Just one possibility :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New battery was possibly low on charge(being sat on shelf),started car but when you put lights on, alternator had to supply a large enough amperage which creates extra (mechanical)resistance(hense engine cutting out).By the time you got home and tried it again battery had sufficient charge.
Just one possibility :)
That's what I was thinking :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Positive battery terminal connection, make sure the upper ring is actually on the terminal before nipping it up tight.... Or you will have intermittent contact over rough roads;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts