Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

Currently refurbing the whole interior from my Sportiva, 3.0 v6 24v ph2, CF3.

The ECU is 0261206660 and is located on the plenum.

I tried to change the big connector of the immobilizer module, since the one it had was broken and some of the wires where "cut & connected" in a way i cannot describe... :furious:

So, the only solution was to "cut" the whole immo loom a few centimeters back and attach a new connector.

Ok did that and .... ECU & Immo seems to be dead!

NO lights (both ECU & IMMO) when i turn to MAR position and of course no fire-up of the engine.

Plugged a spare ECU and the ECU light turned on..!

Will plug a spare IMMO module and see if the immo light will come on too.

Checked all fuses in the fusebox and all where ok. Is there a possibility that i have a blown fuse somewhere else (don't have access to Manual & EPER for the moment).

And finally, a last thought:

When i cut the loom, the battery was connected (forgot to disconnect...). So, is there a possibility that the IMMO & ECU are locked-out, due to safety reasons?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, mystery solved.

Immo blown fuse, which for some unknown reason is located in the engine bay, instead of next to the main fusebox.

But, there was also an additional problem...

For some reason, the ECU kept the IMMO as an error (logic, it was out of power), but instead of reseting automatically when IMMO was restored, it didn't do... This caused the "limp mode" and ofc no engine start....

Connected to tester, reset faults and voila! Everything back in order my bella was "roaring" once more..! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts