Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i swapped my wheels for some lightweight jobbies :cool: Probably not to everones tastes but i like them. The cars such a joy now to drive. im happy :thumbs: agile and reponsive for a diesel anyway :eek

Attachments

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
:cool:

What size, make etc?
Did you weigh them to compare to the original rims?
(most OEM rims are heavy, they need to withstand Mr/Mrs average constantly smacking the kerb and every pothole without breaking)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im sure they came in around 11.5kg for 18" which is light for 18" the cars loads better to drive.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which i forgot to say the ones that came off tipped the scales at 26kg with tyre :O So give or take 5kg for a tyres ??? thats approx 10kg less per wheel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, nice looking wheels. It was nice to meet you today. I'll PM you a pic in the next couple of days of your old wheels' new home. Got the CAM belt finished in the end. Auxiliary belt was a bit of a bar steward to refit.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i like those wheels more than the others. :cool:

:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Always been a fan of the mesh type wheels but i stay away from polished as they go all manky, These are a nice sparkly silver. I was tempting to get the gunmental and polished lip but though nah Lowering does help with getting the look just right.

Hey foobar nice meeting you too, hope you like the wheels.

V

·
0 Posts
i thought they would be sh*t when i read the thread title but actually i quite like em

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Prefer the look of the others tbh.

Does the weight of the wheel make so much difference??

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Well, I've just washed the GT inbetween these outbreaks of rain and the wheels are absoloutely filthy!!!

I'll be taking them off one by one this week to give them a proper clean and a good coat of supaguard!! I'll weigh them to see how heavy the cloverleaf alloys are for a comparison.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
:cool: wheels

...Does the weight of the wheel make so much difference??
1. Improved acceleration
2. Improved braking, reduced stopping distance
3. Greater fuel efficiency
4. Lighter, sharper steering
5. Allows for softer damper settings giving more tire contact & therefore better grip.
6. Tire temperatures are more stable.
7. Improved wheel & tire balancing.
8. Reduced rim weight has the effect of at least 5 times the static weight reduction.
Example: A saving of 2Kg Per Wheel x 4 Wheels = Removing 48 Kg from the Bodywork.

source:DYMAG - Manufacturers of High Performance Wheels for Cars and Motorcycles :D :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts