Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Regional Representative, For United Arab Emirates
1991 Spider Veloce S4, 2003 156 GTA, Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, has anyone heard or seen that really annoying advert for webuyanycar.com???

Ok well, let me just say, I'm NOT looking to sell my car, but was curious to see what they valued it at.

For my 156GTA Q2 with full history 83k miles, excellent condition apparently they will buy it from me for the princely sum of.......£2,750 and the cash is waiting!!!

It's going to be waiting a long time methinks!! I replied back to their email offer informing them that I wasn't aware Arthur Daley was back in business :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I wonder if they'd give me fifty quid for my GTV ????

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
That is one on my list of hated adverts along with Go Compare :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
The trouble with the GTA is that the book prices are (wrongly) very low. God help anyone who has a prang and has to get an insurance pay out!

·
Registered
360 Posts
One of my mates told me about this site some time ago; he said it was good for a laugh if nothing else...
I was offered 150 quid for my old (but good) 164! :eek:

·
Administrator
47,077 Posts
Their entire business plan is to find desperate people, and rip them off.
They are another arm of Carcraft - who, coincidentally, have a business plan of finding desperate people and ripping them off.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's for people who are desperate and need fast cash I think. With the site owners profiting from other people in need, a little like the 'sell your gold' ones.

And it is most definately my second most hated ad with GoCompare coming an extremely close first!!!

The best advert, still being the Meer Cats!!

G

·
i tried my 147 gta just to see what price they offered!

its worth about 8.5k and they offered just over 4k so they are not worth even considering mate

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definately not selling the car, I was just curious what value they'd put on it. I didn't realise they were another part of Carcraft which says it all.

Ok, rant over from me, just felt like someone else would like a laugh too!!

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Less?? Alot less, infact does Dick Turpin work there?

·
Registered
150 Posts
A trully dreadfull advert and a dreadfull company. I wonder what would happen if you got a quote for old car. You'd proberbly have to give them money. The worst adverts in order are shealas wheels, go compare and confused.com. Unsurprisingly all insurance companys!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Their entire business plan is to find desperate people, and rip them off.
They are another arm of Carcraft - who, coincidentally, have a business plan of finding desperate people and ripping them off.
So a good tactic on finding a car you like in Carcraft (unlikely but bear with me), should be to type the registration details into webuyanycar and then negotiate with the salesman based on the group's own valuation. ;)

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm liking that train of thought! It would be worth just trying to see their faces!!

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Even rip-off merchants aren't all bad! A friend of ours was selling her three-year-old Mazda 3 & buying a brand new Golf. Just out of curiosity her husband tried Webuyanycar.com. With experience of working in the motor trade & knowing who they were he was expecting a silly offer - he actually got £500 more than the VW dealer was offering as a trade-in.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. . .

·
Registered
36 Posts
i always love it when the sales person looks in the book and says 'well bottom book on your car is.....' then i say 'so whats bottom book on the one i want to buy!!!!!!' half of them dont know what to say :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
we buy any car, from 50 quid to a hundred grand, any any any any! not long till they make a remix of that and put it into the charts!!

i hate the elephant.co.uk ads, more annoying, they always give me the cheapest quotes!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts